If you haven't tried it yet, you've got to do this!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Jul 10, 2007.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Give your toddler part of an ear of corn on the cob! It cracks me up to see them get so excited over new things and this one was particularly hilarious.

2. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

my kids love it.. it sure is fun to watch:)

3. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I'll have to give that a try. :)

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

My babies love corn on the cob!! Jake especially!

5. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

So do mine. Danielle ate two ears the other day. She couldn't get enough of it.

6. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Well-Known Member

Mine love it too!!!

They look like such big boys sitting there chowing down on an ear of corn. :D

7. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

How funny, I'd never thought to try that. The other day at a restaurant we got a side of really good, fresh cantaloupe. I was holding it for Joe to suck on and he whipped it out of my hand and WENT TO TOWN! It was so funny I had to pull out the camera. I'll bet corn is even a better laugh!

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

That's a good idea!

We had a similar experience yesterday with pizza. I had been cutting it up for the girls, but Sarah started whining, and I finally figured out that what she wanted was the rest of the slice that I hadn't cut up yet. I gave it to her and she had a great time trying to figure out how to get the business end in her mouth. :lol: Then I gave one to Amy, and she ate it like a moth eating a blanket -- just tearing holes in it at random places. It definitely kept them busy!

9. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Yes, my guys LOVE it. They prefer it over canned corn. When I make corn on the cob I have to boil like 10 cobs, LOL

10. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

Great idea. I think my kids would love this too.

I'm sad to say. I've never cooked an ear of corn. What's the best way to do it? :blush:

11. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Isn't it great! Corn is abou tthe only veg my kids will eat, and they LOVED it off of the cob last weekend!

12. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(blessedby2 @ Jul 10 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]325219[/snapback]
    Great idea. I think my kids would love this too.

I'm sad to say. I've never cooked an ear of corn. What's the best way to do it? :blush:

There are a few ways to do it. My preferred method is to steam it. I get out a big soup pot, put like 3/4 inch of water in the bottom and you can literally FILL the pot with corn this way and it all get cooked. I throw a lid on it and let it steam for like 10 mintues.

You can also completely submerse the corn and boil it. I don't like doing it this way, takes to long for the water to boil.

And, if I have a lot of time and plan ahead...I LOVE it roasted! Soak the whole ear (husk and all) in water for 1 minute. Lay the ears of corn on the rack in the oven (preheated to 350 degrees). Let them roast for 1 hour. Once you get them out, they are very easy to get the husks off of and the silk literally falls right off!

13. becky5

becky5 Guest

I have always boiled it, I am going to try oven roasting it for sure! Sounds good!

14. Stacy1976

Stacy1976 Well-Known Member

Corn on the cob is awesome.

Just a little tip: If you boil your corn, do not put salt in the water. It will make the corn tough.

15. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

We have pictures of them from way back when with their first eard of corn! They loved it and still do!

We also cook ours on the grill. You soak the corn with the husks on and throw it on. It comes out nice and crispy. I guess it's a lot like roasting it in the oven. We've never tried that here though because it's just too not to leave the oven on.

16. twingirls52905

twingirls52905 Well-Known Member

Mine have just recently tried it also and they love it. Isabelle started eating the ends first so we are teaching her the "right" way to eat corn on the cob. They are so funny! :)