If you dont vaccinate...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by HeyThere, Sep 24, 2007.

1. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Those of you that do not vaccinate, what are your top three reasons? I know I have WAY more than three, but I was just wondering why everyone else didnt! :) Thanks!

2. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

1. overall health
    2. health risks generated with the huge number of vaccines given to babies and young children
    3. the gov't tells me not too b/c of my medical problems

3. girly mom

girly mom New Member

I just bought and began reading the book What Your Dr May Not Tell You About Vaccinations. And now my reason for not vaccinating is because I'm afraid too

4. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Good post, heythere, but I dont think you are going to find many of the non-vaxers on this site willing to "out" themselves.....

5. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

My husband and I have recently decided to forgo any more vaccines, until we do more research. I'd love them to be protected from these disease, but not at any cost. I have found some of the ingrediants to be appalling!!!! After loosing 2 babies (inutero), I don't want to put anymore of my children at risk. Just my convictions, no debating here.

6. HeyThere

I know there are more... I have seen some posts, but I guess no one wants to talk about their reasons! :) Oh well.

7. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

Not sure if I would be considered a true non-vaxer, but I'll give you my reasons for waiting until the age of three. :)
    1) The ingredients
    2) The amount they want to inject into a small child
    3) And the biggest reason of all is a baby's brain does the most (80%) growing and developing before the age of three. I WILL NOT risk my children's development just because I'm scared of a disease.

8. HeyThere

Alright, I guess I should give my three!

1. Ingredients.
    2. Manufacturers
    3. Moral convictions.

9. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

10. ksugal

ksugal Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HeyThere @ Sep 26 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]425019[/snapback]
    Alright, I guess I should give my three!

1. Ingredients.
    2. Manufacturers
    3. Moral convictions.

I am curious...can you elaborate on that? Thanks! :D

11. HeyThere

QUOTE(ksugal @ Sep 26 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]425284[/snapback]
    I am curious...can you elaborate on that? Thanks! :D

Not in a public forum... The vaccination debate has been "rode hard and out away wet" and I really DO NOT want to go there again. But I will PM you. :)

12. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention the link I posted above, was an ad in USA Today...

13. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

QUOTE(angie7 @ Sep 27 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]426098[/snapback]
    I forgot to mention the link I posted above, was an ad in USA Today...

You originally said it was an article.

I just want to say in response to your earlier statement that not many "non-vaxers" are willing to out themselves is that by posting your thoughts on a message board you run the risk of people disagreeing with you. It's a shame that this makes some people uncomfortable, but it's "the nature of the beast". Everyone is entitled to an opinion and as long as we can share them respectfully then TS can continue to be the diverse community it is.

14. Chrishelle

Chrishelle Well-Known Member

What do all of you "non-vaxers" think would happen if we all did what you do? What if the world just stopped doing vaccines all together and our children started dying from illnesses that could have been prevented? I'm just wondering.

15. Chrishelle

ps I'm not trying to be rude or mean that is an honest question.

Thanks.

16. HeyThere

QUOTE(Chrishelle @ Sep 27 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]426212[/snapback]
    What do all of you "non-vaxers" think would happen if we all did what you do? What if the world just stopped doing vaccines all together and our children started dying from illnesses that could have been prevented? I'm just wondering.

QUOTE(Chrishelle @ Sep 27 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]426219[/snapback]
    ps I'm not trying to be rude or mean that is an honest question.

Thanks.

Well that is rude especially when I specifically said this is a question for NON-VAXERS and that I don't want a debate started. If you want to ask a question like that why dont you pm Angie or I and I am sure we would both give you our thoughts on that.

17. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

My children have been vaccinated on schedule so far. The vaccine that scares me is the MMR at age 2. I think I might ask to have that one done in three smaller doses.

18. Chrishelle

I apologize if you thought that was rude. I am a new Mom who is just trying to learn about this stuff and that was an honest question not an attack on your beliefs. I had no intention of debating with you, just curious. If you want a private conversation where no one else will butt in why don't you just have your own buddy group or something. I was under the impression that this was a public forum.

19. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.