If you are having a scheduled c/s, what week do they schedule it for?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by BabyMoPlusThree, Mar 5, 2009.

1. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

I already know that I am having a repeat c/s. Before we found out that we were having twins, the OB said that she would schedule a c/s sometime in week 39.

I asked at my appt today when the c/s would be scheduled for now that we're having multiples, and she said that it would be bumped up a week- but they can't schedule it sooner.

I want to keep my babies baking for as long as possible, but it seems like a lot of twins are born before 38 weeks. I know that an emergency c/s is an option if necessary, but I guess I'm just curious- what week was your c/s scheduled for?

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My dr. scheduled mine for 37 weeks, but told me I'd never make it that long. He was right! I delivered at 33 weeks and the boys came home from the NICU on the exact day the csection was scheduled for.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had a scheduled c-section because my twin A was breech. The doctor did say he liked them scheduled around 39 weeks. DH wanted it scheduled earlier like around 37 weeks because he had heard that full term for twins was at 37 weeks. Doctor explained to him that twins do not mature faster than singletons. A 37 week gest. baby is still only 37 weeks old. I did schedule my section at 38 weeks and found out when I went in for it that I was indeed already in labor.

4. twinmama2be

twinmama2be Active Member

I just got scheduled for 38 weeks. My OB will be out of town but she insisted that I should not wait another week. She really scared me when she told me that just yesterday they were delivering twins and one was dead because the woman postponed her c-section. Had she delivered at 38 weeks my OB believes that the baby would have been fine. She said 38 weeks is full term for twins and I should not under any circumstances go past that unless I am ok with putting my babies at risk (I most certainly am not). So now I am scheduled for 3/18 with another doctor... :(

[​IMG]

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was scheduled for mine just after 38 weeks and ended up having one at just over 37 weeks.

6. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I was scheduled for 37 weeks, but my water broke at 35...

7. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

mine was set for 39 weeks but I went into labor at 36w2d

8. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

the day i was to turn 38 w... but my water broke @ 36w 2 d (two days longer then i made it w/ older ds)

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine was scheduled for 38 weeks exactly...And in I walked that morning...1cm dialated-which I had been for WEEKS! These boys did NOT want out! LOL!

10. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

Initally my OB said 38 weeks, but he is now thinking about 37 1/2 weeks instead because of a few health concerns. He also mentioned that depending on my health we may end up doing it sooner, but that he would want to do an amnio to confirm lung maturity for a schedule section before then.

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My c/s was scheduled for 39 weeks. :good: My doctor didn't even want to schedule anything until I was 38 weeks. <_<

12. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

scheduled c-section 38 weeks 2 days. No labor in sight!

13. doublej's

doublej's Well-Known Member

I have scheduled for 38 weeks also.

14. sfried93

sfried93 Well-Known Member

Mine is beign scheduled at 36/37 weeks whatever I prefer. I did have my DS at 35w4d though so he thinks they will come around that tiem anyway.

15. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

My doc initially told me he wanted me to make it to at least 37wks. But when I went in for a check up around 35 wks they scheduled me for the following week at 36w2d because the said my babygirl was not growing like they wanted her to and they felt she would be better off being born so they could do more for her if necessary. (she didnt need anything when she was born, and came home w/ me 3 days later)

16. Jooles

Jooles Active Member

Originally mu OB said she would schedule around 38 weeks, then changed it to 36 weeks and finally settled on 37 weeks. We're scheduled to go in on April 22. I suspect I will make it until then (DS was induced and had to be evicted via c-section after 25 hours of labor), but my doctor thinks I may go sooner.

17. lilalyshia

lilalyshia Well-Known Member

I dont have anything scheduled yet but my doctor said she likes to have them out between 37-38 weeks No longer.

18. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

Originally my OB was saying 38 weeks if I make it that far, but now she is telling me she doesn't want me to go beyond 37 weeks.

19. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

I'm scheduled for March 18th - 37 weeks 6 days!

20. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Mine was scheduled for 37w5d as Kalia was footling breech.

21. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Mine was scheduled for 38wks 1 day and my water broke the day before at 38wks.

22. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Mine was schelduled in Octorber 2006 for Jan 2007

I was 38 weeks 4 days. My OB would not schedule before 38 weeks and with the holiday we scheduled for Jan 3 - NO one thought I would make it that far -I think I would STILL be pregnant with them had they not taken them LOL!!!

23. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Mar 8 2009, 09:20 AM) [snapback]1218786[/snapback]
    Mine was schelduled in Octorber 2006 for Jan 2007

I was 38 weeks 4 days. My OB would not schedule before 38 weeks and with the holiday we scheduled for Jan 3 - NO one thought I would make it that far -I think I would STILL be pregnant with them had they not taken them LOL!!!

Too funny, I think the same thing about mine. They were in no hurry to leave. I was 38 weeks and 1 day, our surgery was on 12/26/07. The doctor would not let us go longer then 38 weeks. Ours was scheduled when we were 36 weeks.

24. mikeyswife1999

mikeyswife1999 Well-Known Member

I'm only 11 weeks but I asked my doctor at my appointment last week when he normally sections twins and he said 37 weeks. He usually does singletons at 39 weeks.