If I hear one more time...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by kim01, Nov 3, 2013.

1. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

So the boys have started going through puberty. And were doing good with dealing with the attitudes etc. But Nikels has started saying "why are you being so mean" ? Grr I mean you can calmly ask him to shut the 3ds off. And he will say "why are you being so mean". Grr it is driving me crazy!! I just needed to vent for a minute.
    Does your tween say or do something that just drives you crazy? I'm thinking of what I plan to do about this. I have to be creative with these two. lol
    So are you dealing with any tween attitude?

2. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Not so much attitude, just plain outright "I don't want to do what you say and so I'm just not gonna do it" issues. 

I think I may have found 1,000 different ways to ask him not to spend an hour in the bathroom (45 minutes in the shower) every single day. He was up at 6:00 and is still, STILL in there. Meanwhile, his little brothers are forced to wait/use the other bathroom, which is also occupied by me and my husband in the mornings. And then, on top of that, he leaves it an absolute wreck which makes us ALL crazy. You can ask, you can yell, you can shut of the flippin' hot water and it makes no difference whatsoever. I'm thisclose to just taking the door off the hinges. I can't pay $120/month just for water. 

(you may have hit a nerve with this one :lol:)

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Um, mine are just shy of 6 and already we are getting TONS of attitude from Reagan. UGH! I do not look forward to her mood swings when she really hits puberty!

Her thing is, "Whatever." I swear it makes me livid. And it can be the most basic task, like putting her dirty clothes in the basket. "Ugh. Whatever, Mommy." This morning she out and out and out fit because somewhere from her room upstairs to the living room, she dropped her socks. She was refusing to go look for them. And she got that attitude and then it quickly went downhill from there. And when she did start "looking" for them, so looked in one place and then started whining again about not finding them. I told her to go look on the stairs as she probably dropped them coming down this morning. She was so adamant that she was looking at them then entire time she came downstairs there was no possible way that's where they could be. I literally grabbed her hand and practicality dragged her to the staircase. Guess where the socks were.  :headbang:

After a few minutes cooling off she did come over and tell me that she loved me and gave me hug. But seriously, not the way to start my day!!

4. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

glad to know I'm not alone in this. K some days is so sweet and just pleasant to be around. Other days its like his body and mind have been taken over by the devil. Grr lieverything is a problem for him. Ack I just don't know how were all going to be alright after this. lol Sorry you ladies are also having the attitude at your house.

5. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Kim, I'll tell you that ages 10-12 were awful here. Actually, the beginning of age 13 was too. It's only been within the last two or three months that it's gotten SO much better with him. I swear, I didn't think he'd make it to his next birthday for most of the period of time. It gets better for sure, so hang in there. I promise the aliens will return your abducted child. ;) 

6. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Rachel is 9 1/2 and has been completely impossible to deal with lately. Could it be a pre-puberty thing? The moods, the grouchiness :gah:

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Sheryl, Lennon is just about 9.5 and the attitude!!! OMG! And the sulky looks and behavior. It is driving me crazy!