Ideas For Playroom

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kgroharing, Apr 9, 2007.

1. kgroharing

kgroharing Active Member

i am looking for anyone with ideas for a paint scheme or design theme for a new playroom. the room is only about 9X10, so i am interested in ideas for maximizing the space and fun color schemes. i have 1 yr old b/g twins and a 4 year old girl. if you could link me to examples with photos that would be even better. Thanks!

2. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

We did our playroom in a "Crayola" theme with mainly primary colors. We have large crayons painted on the wall, with a trail of the color coming out of the crayon - looks like the large crayon was "drawing" on the wall. I will try to get some pictures - it's hard to describe but looks very cool! (hopefully it won't inspire them to draw on the wall someday haha) The colors are mainly red, blue, green and yellow.

3. kgroharing

kgroharing Active Member

QUOTE(RRTwins @ Apr 10 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]212775[/snapback]
    We did our playroom in a "Crayola" theme with mainly primary colors. We have large crayons painted on the wall, with a trail of the color coming out of the crayon - looks like the large crayon was "drawing" on the wall. I will try to get some pictures - it's hard to describe but looks very cool! (hopefully it won't inspire them to draw on the wall someday haha) The colors are mainly red, blue, green and yellow.

sounds cute--some pictures would be awesome!

4. kerrmommy

kerrmommy Well-Known Member

I love the idea of painting part of a wall with chalkboard paint, or you can now get whiteboard paint, so they can draw on one wall. The other option would be to get a big roll of butcher paper and stand it up on a post and pull it across so they can draw on it.

You could half a wall with the speciallty paint and then the top part with overlapping colored shapes..circles on one wall, sqaures on another etc. Then throw rugs cut to those shapes to scatter around with floor pillows.

I would make zones for activities though...craft area, toy area, movie/game area. So that they learn to clean up an area before moving on and that they learn that everything has "place". You could divide the zones by shapes or colors.

Lord I wish I had an extra room for a playroom!

5. kathylandb

kathylandb Member

I did our playroom in bright red, blue and yellow, with a laminate floor in case of spills. I also have a built in book self and too built in benches with lots of storage underneath to hide toys and a closet to hide anything else.

Kathy

mom to Liam and Bridget 4 yrs 1mth