I wish there was more "twin" stuff out there!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Dec 2, 2008.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

Twins arnt that uncommon so I wish that you could buy like a twin swing, or a twin bouncy seat, or a twin car sear, or a twin high chair and so on! I mean it get expensive to buy two of everything plus it takes up so much room!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:laughing: Good idea! Maybe it's something you can "invent" :pardon:

3. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

I've had this same thought. Would make sense to have specific twin friendly products and I don't mean a two pack of sleeper pajamas...

4. Em&Ry

Em&Ry Well-Known Member

I agree!!!

5. vyckie72

vyckie72 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I never thought it would be so difficult to find a double stroller that you can put the car seats on. If they make travel systems for single strollers why don't they make them for double strollers?

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

:D

Don't buy two of everything yet though because one of the babies just might not like the swing or bouncer. Of the things you do buy two of, buy two different styles because then it's like the babies get twice as much stimulation. For highchairs, a lot of people like the reclining feeding seats that attach to regular dining room chairs because they don't take up any room. For a travel stroller, there are a few tandems that will take carseats in both positions, they just don't sell them that way so you have to buy another carseat separately. Sometimes it is even cheaper to buy the stroller and the two carseats all separately. Unless you want the kids well separated from day one, one crib will be fine for a few months until the babies start moving around and they really don't need much gear beyond the carseat, crib, stroller, bouncer, & swing at the beginning. Little toys like rattles and black & white items will keep them well occupied and don't take up much room.

Have fun shopping!

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You know what else - there should be maternity clothes for women pregnant with multiples! I got so big I had to start getting plus size shirts and wearing a stretchy undershirt underneath because the sleeves of the plus size shirts were too big for me in the arms so you could see my bra.

8. TSJennifer

TSJennifer Member

QUOTE(vyckie72 @ Dec 2 2008, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1093602[/snapback]
    I totally agree. I never thought it would be so difficult to find a double stroller that you can put the car seats on. If they make travel systems for single strollers why don't they make them for double strollers?

I used my Graco stroller for both carseats today for the first time. It was wonderful! For the past two months I've lugged around both carseats, one on each arm, or put them both in a cart if they fit, or one in the cart and one on my arm.
    Finally broke down and got the stroller -- and I love it! Shopped the entire mall. It drove much better when I took the brake off the left front wheel of course.

I ran into a lady with her two toddlers in the exact same model, without the carseats of course!

I guess it depends on what car seat model you have if there's one that will work with both, but they are out there, just not always in the stores.

9. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Dec 2 2008, 04:14 PM) [snapback]1094264[/snapback]
    You know what else - there should be maternity clothes for women pregnant with multiples! I got so big I had to start getting plus size shirts and wearing a stretchy undershirt underneath because the sleeves of the plus size shirts were too big for me in the arms so you could see my bra.

Totally agree! I'm at the stage now where almost all my maternity shirts are too short, and the pants aren't fitting right. Yet since I probably don't have *too* much time left (just watch, now I'll make it past 38 weeks ;)) it seems like a waste to go out and buy more clothes.

10. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Ali M @ Dec 2 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1094240[/snapback]
    :D

Don't buy two of everything yet though because one of the babies just might not like the swing or bouncer. Of the things you do buy two of, buy two different styles because then it's like the babies get twice as much stimulation. For highchairs, a lot of people like the reclining feeding seats that attach to regular dining room chairs because they don't take up any room. For a travel stroller, there are a few tandems that will take carseats in both positions, they just don't sell them that way so you have to buy another carseat separately. Sometimes it is even cheaper to buy the stroller and the two carseats all separately. Unless you want the kids well separated from day one, one crib will be fine for a few months until the babies start moving around and they really don't need much gear beyond the carseat, crib, stroller, bouncer, & swing at the beginning. Little toys like rattles and black & white items will keep them well occupied and don't take up much room.

Have fun shopping!

Totally agree with her!!!!!
    I have one of everything and found with my other kids that they just didn't like the same things so I expect the twins to have their own likes and dislikes!
    Other then that. YES I TOTALLY agree with you!!!! It is so hard to find stuff.

11. roxannechaves

roxannechaves Member

what kind of Graco stroller did you buy that will allow two car seats?? I was thinking to buy the double snap and go but then i realized I would need a regular stroller later on anyway and didnt want to waste the $$ but wow, double strollers out there are pretty darn expensive! So, I was thinking this is the way to go, a regular double stroller that will allow two car seats to attach, but I have no clue where to find them!

Thanks
    Roxie

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Active Member

QUOTE(5kittycats @ Dec 3 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]1095579[/snapback]
    what kind of Graco stroller did you buy that will allow two car seats?? I was thinking to buy the double snap and go but then i realized I would need a regular stroller later on anyway and didnt want to waste the $$ but wow, double strollers out there are pretty darn expensive! So, I was thinking this is the way to go, a regular double stroller that will allow two car seats to attach, but I have no clue where to find them!

Thanks
    Roxie

The Graco DuoGlider and Quattro Tour Duo both accept two car seats.

13. TSJennifer

TSJennifer Member

QUOTE(Lindsey @ Dec 3 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]1096035[/snapback]
    The Graco DuoGlider and Quattro Tour Duo both accept two car seats.

It's the quattro tour duo that we have with our safeseats.

14. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

If you live near an IKEA (www.ikea.com) they have these great cheap highchairs that don't take up a huge space in the kitchen and you can wipe them out so easily. Those other big ugly highchairs get food stuck into every crack and nook. These you can hose down. cheap price too. they seem small but surprisingly they fit a very large toddler into them.

I wished they had more twin picture frames, story books, stuff like that.....

15. tpowers

tpowers Well-Known Member

I am going to try to buy a Graco double stroller 2nd hand and then purchase the carseats new. We have KSL.com where I live and you can get the strollers pretty cheap.

16. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Roxie just a note about the big graco double strollers, they do take up a lot of trunk/backseat space, you might want to test drive one in a store like babiesrus and fold it up before you look at getting one.

We are opting to get a double snap-n-go for now, to use as long as the babies are in the infant seats, and once they outgrow them they can fit in a side-by-side like this one by combi: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2901132 We test drove it at the store, drives very nice, it's no wider than a wheelchair so any place that's wheel chair accessible it'll fit (which is pretty much everywhere), turns corners easily, and it's a tri-fold so it folds about as small as our single graco travel system stroller did.

That's just what we've decided to do but I just wanted to throw that option out there!

And I'm going to DITTO on the mat clothes, I'm a plus size gal anyways so I'm running out of xxxxxxx's to move into! :lol: I did buy another pair of pants and 2 longer mat sweaters from jcpenney in their thanksgiving sale, should be here next week! YAY!

17. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(vyckie72 @ Dec 2 2008, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1093602[/snapback]

The search for a stroller that is designed for twins not an infant and toddler, has been harder than I thought. We finally got a "contours options" stroller. You have to buy an extra carseat attachment bar separately, but even doing so it's still cheaper than most Graco tandems, and it folds much smaller. I think I'm going to really like it. Can't wait to try it out on my babies!