i was finally asked that question!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by seamusnicholas, Jan 6, 2007.

1. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I thought it would never happen! I read some of your posts and thought there is no way there are that many people who are so clueless enough to ask the following question!

Today as I pushed my double snap n go (with my sons dresed the same), a lady came up and looked at one baby and said, "oh, how old is he?" I said, "5 months". SHe looked at my other son and said, "oh, and how old is he?" With the most straight face I had, I simply said, 5 months" The funny thing is she did not think anything of her question. She just went about her day!

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I thought it would never happen! I read some of your posts and thought there is no way there are that many people who are so clueless enough to ask the following question!

Today as I pushed my double snap n go (with my sons dresed the same), a lady came up and looked at one baby and said, "oh, how old is he?" I said, "5 months". SHe looked at my other son and said, "oh, and how old is he?" With the most straight face I had, I simply said, 5 months" The funny thing is she did not think anything of her question. She just went about her day!

3. ABeeCDandE!

ABeeCDandE! Well-Known Member

Here's a funny one, a lady asked if mine were TRIPLETS at Walmart yesterday. My two 10 month old and my 4 year old!!!

CRA-ZAH!

4. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by ABeeCDandE!:
    Here's a funny one, a lady asked if mine were TRIPLETS at Walmart yesterday. My two 10 month old and my 4 year old!!!

CRA-ZAH!
    I was asked if I had triplets, my sons and my 2 year old. [​IMG] Ummm, no.

5. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she realizes what she asked!!! [​IMG]

6. twinduckmom

twinduckmom Well-Known Member

Those are great ones! [​IMG]

7. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

I was asked if they were triplets when I only had my twins with me. How dumb is that? Can't they count?

8. Everyone aks me if my twins are identical. I have a boy and girl!!!! people are insane

9. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

My girls are identical and are only 6 oz different in weight. I can have them dressed in head-to-toe pink and inevitably someone will ask if (1) they are twins and (2) they are boys. People are oblivious.

10. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Well-Known Member

I have 2 girls and they are definitely not identical. I love it when people ask me how I tell them apart and I say "Ummmm, I look at them."

11. first_time_mommy_2_be_twins

first_time_mommy_2_be_twins Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by betseeee:
    I can have them dressed in head-to-toe pink and inevitably someone will ask if (1) they are twins and (2) they are boys. People are oblivious.

LOL I have a boy and a girl but I can have my girl dressed in all pink and with a pink blanket and my boy dressed in blue with a blue blanket. Yet people still ask if they are boys or girls and when I say one of each they point to my DD and say thats the boy right. Ummm No. I think next time someone ask I will say Yup I like dressing him in pink dresses and then see what they have to say. I think some people are just clueless.

12. sassafrakitty

sassafrakitty Well-Known Member

we got the triplet thing when the twins were 3 mo old, my older son was 2.5 lol.

13. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

I don't think people actually consider what they are saying before they say something.

14. jessben81

jessben81 Well-Known Member

I had my boys in their infant car seats in their stroller and a lady said to me, "Wow, strollers are alot bigger now than they were in my day." Then she realized that, duh, there were 2 carseats and said, "oh, there's two of them. Are they twins?"
    People are truely amazing.

15. kristimom22

kristimom22 Well-Known Member

I have b/g twins & usually dress them in blue/pink & ALWAYS get "are they identical?" I always say with a straight face "no, he has a penis." [​IMG]

16. xCandacex

xCandacex Well-Known Member

LOL, there will be more [​IMG]

I have b/g twins and I get asked if they are identical, are they twins, are they mine?? One will be in blue and one in pink and I'll get 'so two boys?" or "so, two girls?"

The latest was at the doctors office a woman was saying how cute they were and asked if they were twins or "was Kaeden a year or 2 older"

huh? yeah, hes just really really short for his age [​IMG]