I want to know...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ECUBitzy, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

All about you! If you're a recent TS addition and are expecting twins, please take a second to introduce yourself! Who are you, when are you due, have you found out genders (yet), etc etc. We are all dying to talk to you!

2. Kattak

Kattak New Member

howdy!  I'm expecting di/di twins.. not sure of the genders yet. We were having problems conceiving naturally so we went via IVF.  After about 5 years of pills, needles, baster (hehe) it finally worked.  I'm turning 39 this summer and my birthday gift to me will be these 2 little ones.

Feeling lost and confused about a lot of this whole process but my husband has been wonderful and supportive.  Scared and excited about what the future holds.

3. ECUBitzy

I'm still lost and confused four years into twin life, so you sound pretty on-target for parenthood! Ha!

Welcome to Twinstuff and congrats on your amazing birthday present! W
    Feel free to start any threads with questions you may have. The ladies on here have always helped me so, so much. They have saved my sanity!

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome Kattak!  And congrats on your birthday blessings!! :wub:

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

7. riftara

riftara Member

Hi.
    Jen here, expecting di/di twins as my #4 and #5. We wanted one more and got two!
    I'm due in September, the 18th right now but it may change as the twins are measuring a full week behind.
    I'm excited to get to know all the twin mommas!

I have no support groups in my area, not even a facebook group!

8. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Hi Jen,   Welcome!

I don't have any twin support groups near me either... this group has been amazingly helpful. 

9. lharrison1

Welcome to TS Jen!! We are happy to be your support for twins! Congratulations!

10. alimac715

alimac715 New Member

Hi!  I'm a first-time mom and expecting DZ twins (now 17 weeks).  Although twins run in the family, my husband and I honestly thought the chances were zero/none so we were SHOCKED at our first trimester screen to find out there were two on the way.  Initial due date was 8/8/14, but it was revised to be 8/1/14 given the size at the 12 week ultrasound.  Our emotions have been all over the map from excited to anxious - luckily we seem to take alternating turns so we can balance each other out :)  I can't wait to feel the babies move for the first time, which I think will bring this pregnancy to a new level of "reality".  Did anyone feel twins earlier or later than normal (from 16-20 weeks from what I read)?

11. ECUBitzy

Welcome to Twinstuff and congrats on your pregnancy!!

I felt my girls around 16 weeks- I didn't know that was considered early at the time, but there was no mistaking those twitches and bumps as anything besides babies.

12. lharrison1

Welcome to TS!! I also felt my twins between 16-18 weeks.

13. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I actually didn't feel my girls for sure until 18 weeks - almost the same time as my oldest. Even then it wasn't much for another few weeks.

Welcome!

14. mamapagetw

mamapagetw New Member

I am Page, My sister is having twins. Just wondering is the heartbeat problem normal in this kind of preganncy>?

15. lharrison1

Hi page-what kind of heartbeat problems is your sister having?  How far along is she?

16. linnmarie85

linnmarie85 Member

Hi I'm Linda. I have a 2 year old son. Been trying for #2 for about 8months. I'm almost 7 weeks and at an 6 weeks ultrasound my Dr said there are 2 gestational sacs. Go in for a transvaginal ultrasound Tuesday to hopefully hear heartbeats. So excited but scared that maybe it was a false reading and there isn't twins lol guess I just have to wait and see. Happy I found this forum, there is a lot going through this brain lol

17. Amegge

Amegge Member

Hi! I'm Margaret and I'm expecting twins as my #4 and #5!! Was shocked to say the least when I found out I was expecting again. Then twins..... I have 2 girls 8 and 7 and a 19 month old clingy son. I have no support group as I live in Africa(we don't seem to be into that sort of thing) but I may be wrong. I moved to Côte d'Ivoire about a year ago with my hubby and kids,so that's the only support I have here.
    I'm worried as I'm not that young anymore and was planning to tie my tubes early this year when I found out. I have given away all my baby clothes and gear,so I have to start afresh. Been tough,hubby hasn't been excited and neither have I but I'm starting to look forward to it. Worried,don't know how I will cope here with my brood. It's been really interesting reading all your posts as I have searched for information on what to expect. I found this site particularly interesting and informative.

18. Amegge

Amegge Member

Oh yes,so,my 20 week scan comes up this week. Looking forward to seeing them again and hopefully finding out their genders!

1 person likes this.
  19. lharrison1

Welcome Linda!! And congratulations!  We're so excited to have you as part of our community! Please keep us posted on your appointment. *hugs*

20. lharrison1

Welcome Magaret!  We're glad to have you on TS-we're here and happy to help support you through this.  We do have a moderator that is from SA, that's pretty neat.  Hopefully she will get a chance to pop in hear and say hello to you.  Good luck at your 20 week scan-be sure to let us know how it went!

21. RSDickinson

RSDickinson New Member

Hello! I am currently 7w3d pregnant with twins! We knew there was a possibility (we had an IUI with three follicles) but our doctor still said there was only a 1% chance! We found out just three days ago and are completely in shock. These will be our first children and we're excited, scared, anxious, nervous, and absolutely thrilled. Due date is 12/27/14 and I am going to do my darndest to keep these babies inside as long as I can! :) We had the ultrasound when I was 7w0d, and Baby A measured 6w6d and Baby B measured 6w5d. Both had heartbeats of 130bpm. I couldn't be happier. My biggest worry right now is that we could lose one of them. How valid is this concern? We're having another ultrasound on May 27th, so I'll just have to wait. I'm so happy I found this website!