I thought I was so smart with the non-matching clothes...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Jul 9, 2009.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

T&T have mostly coordinating, non-matching clothes and it really helps when trying to identify them from a distance since I know who wears what. Well, now they've decided it's fun to dress in each other's clothes and will take it as far as to claim to be their brother. Fortunately, they aren't good liars and will smirk and give themselves away to even the most gullible grandparent. It's annoying the heck out of me because I find myself glancing and calling them by the wrong name and they think it's hilarious which does nothing to discourage the game.

2 people like this.
  2. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:laughing: Uh-oh, you are going to be in trouble! :lol:

3. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

:lol: The things kids will do! Too funny.

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Oh my!! I agree with the pp.. you've got trouble and it starts with 'T' and rhymes with 'B'. :D

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Uh oh!! :laughing:

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aren't they clever!? :laughing:

7. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Well obviously Mum, I'm Gred and he's Forge!

I'm just amazed it's taken them so long to come up with this one! You're going to have to give one a mohawk or something! :lol:

8. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

:laughing: Oh the joys of Twindom !

9. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

My boys have been doing the same thing for about 9 months now, it is really cute because they point at the other with the biggest grin on their face. Of course, people who don't know this game have no idea so they are in for it but what can we do??

10. 3sweetps

3sweetps Well-Known Member

Thank goodness I have one who enjoys pretending to be the other and one who gets really mad and demands to be called the right name! But, I'm sure this will change when they realize the advantages!

For some reason I always found it easier to dress them the same when we're out? Less to think about. Now though they want what they want to wear and are letting me have less and less say about it.

11. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Smart kids! P and P haven't tried that one me yet!

12. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

To funny. I guess that the fun part of being identical twins. :) I have b/g twins so never even thought about that.
    Penny :). Still LOL over your lil ones

13. leticiasnow

leticiasnow Well-Known Member

Yours must be identical. I always wondered what I would do in that instance. Mine are fraternal though and mostly dress the same so I can keep track of them in crowds. I am trying to steer away from in though now that they are getting older.

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

:rofl: Deb, it's a good thing you are a sharp cookie, because they are going to put you through your paces! But when it's all said and done, you'll have some wonderful young men and you'll get to enjoy them immensely later!

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug:'s but that made me :lol: :blush: