I think I must be taking crazy pills...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rhc0607, Nov 13, 2009.

1. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

because DH and I are talking about wanting to have a baby!! :smilie_xmas_116: I was one of those people who said "no more than two." Yet after having my two beautiful baby boys, I feel like I could have 4 or 5(if finances allow). I feel like I am crazy for thinking this, but I want our children close in age and love having these little babies! :wub:

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

You aren't crazy. We didn't plan on a big family, but I am so grateful for every one of my kids. :wub:

3. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I adore my little angels too and I'm really enjoying this mommy thing....but there's no way I'm ready to start thinking about another baby! :80: I don't think you are crazy though. Just somebody that can handle sleep deprivation and multitasking better than I! ;)

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't think you are crazy either. Like Becky, I never planned on having 5 kids, but I am so thankful every day for each & every one of them and I LOVE having so many kids running around. I also think about how great it is for them now and when they are older to have so many siblings.

5. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Why would you be crazy? Having kids is like an addiction. The more you have, the more you want. I think it's wonderful.

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I've already informed my husband we are having at least one more. I love kids, they truly are a blessing.

7. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

I feel crazy because my boys are only 4 months old, and I would be so happy if I got pregnant tomorrow!

8. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

You're not crazy at all. You're just so overwhelmed by the presence of those 2 wonderful babies in your life that you want more. I feel blessed everyday and my life has a complete new meaning now by the presence of my 2 wonderful babies. Personally I didn't know how much the presence of children would be so important in my life until I had them. Having said that, having another child didn't crossed my mind yet. They are so young now and need lots of energy and work. so, I'd rather focus all my energy on them at time being. However, I admire a lot your motherly instinct...

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I got the baby bug when the boys were about 1. They didn't STTN or eat well though until 8/9 months so I couldn't imagine being sleepless again for a bit. Even now, that's what is holding me back from another one right now...well, that and I have yet to convince DH! :ibiggrin:

10. serialmommy

serialmommy Well-Known Member

i LOVE being the mommy of a big family...when i was growing up i honestly thought i'd never have kids, i just didn't feel i was very "motherly"...now i can't see my life any other way

11. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

Nope i don't think your crazy at all! My kidies get me like that too but now is not the right time for us - still recivering financially and mentally from having the girls :laughing: would love me a little baby boy some day though. :eek: