I survived the night with the babies!! (kinda long)

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by stephsboys, Dec 19, 2006.

1. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    First of all you are all my heros! Twins are so completely awesome, but they are a lot of work [​IMG] I picked them up at about 8:30pm and brought them back here. I never called Stephanie once. I really wanted them to have a total break. The boys were great, I got the hang of feeding them simultaneously (sp?) at about 2am.. I think (I am brain dead) that I was up with them 3 times, so not too bad. We all got up about 8:45am and we hung out and played, I of course took pictures... and then the best part of being a grandma.... I took them back to their mother!!!
    I'm so glad I did it and I will certainly do it again. I think I will take a little nap now. With the up and down during the night I think I probably got about 4 hours of sleep, which for a uh.. 51 year old woman isn't quite enough..
    Thanks for all of your kind words of encouragement!
    Lindy, mom to Stephanie and tired Nana to
    Cameron and Corey

2. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    First of all you are all my heros! Twins are so completely awesome, but they are a lot of work [​IMG] I picked them up at about 8:30pm and brought them back here. I never called Stephanie once. I really wanted them to have a total break. The boys were great, I got the hang of feeding them simultaneously (sp?) at about 2am.. I think (I am brain dead) that I was up with them 3 times, so not too bad. We all got up about 8:45am and we hung out and played, I of course took pictures... and then the best part of being a grandma.... I took them back to their mother!!!
    I'm so glad I did it and I will certainly do it again. I think I will take a little nap now. With the up and down during the night I think I probably got about 4 hours of sleep, which for a uh.. 51 year old woman isn't quite enough..
    Thanks for all of your kind words of encouragement!
    Lindy, mom to Stephanie and tired Nana to
    Cameron and Corey

3. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

You are a awesome grandma!!!! [​IMG] My mom has done that a few times for us and I say everytime it just the break we needed, one night can make a world of difference!!!

4. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Good job Grandma! Get some rest!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

Lindy, you did a great thing for your daughter and her husband!! You rock! Now go to bed! [​IMG]

6. ABeeCDandE!

ABeeCDandE! Well-Known Member

That is AWESOME! Your kids are so blessed!

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] LINDY!!! [​IMG] YOU ROCK!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] WOO HOO!!!
    (by the way, you are a YOUNG grandma! [​IMG] )

How do Steph and hubby feel today? Did they get some rest?

GOOD WORK!! That's just awesome!! I'm really proud of you and happy you did it and it was successful!

8. Laura56

Laura56 Well-Known Member

That's great! I'm glad it went so well. After the first time it just gets easier.

9. GrammyB

GrammyB Member

Way to go Grandma!!!!!!! Did you do like me and check them a gazillion times to make sure they were ok????? I know Mom and Dad appreciated it. There is nothing sweeter than sleeping babies! My sister kept the girls today while we worked outside and I missed them!

10. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

Great job nana! [​IMG]

11. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

awwww you're a great gramma!!! My mom did that (separately) with mine so that I'd have a night where I only had to take care of one...

hmmmm me thinks its time for her to do it again since they sleep through the night now...

12. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

What a great Nana you are??? I wish my mom would have offered at least one night with my babies! Oh well, still you rock!

13. Trillian

Trillian Well-Known Member

Best. Nana. Ever.

You rock lady!! Your daughter is a lucky girl! [​IMG]

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Well done to you!!! I wish my mum would do that no one has had them over night yet. Ah to have eight hours uninterupted (sp?) x

15. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

That's fantastic. [​IMG] I'm glad everything went smoothly. You'll get even more efficient at it as time goes on.