I shouldn't be surprised

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Aeliza, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Well, I have been working on Kiefer's potty training since Monday. Not much luck, to be honest. He just realized he doesn't like the toilet that much. It did help for him to see his daddy pee so he got the idea that what I'm asking him to do is not abnormal, but he won't stand there for much longer than a few seconds before he decides he's done. I go with it as I know he's just learning. I'll try to talk him in to waiting a little longer, but not working. So I have decided to use pull-ups until I can get used to timing it at 30 minutes and for him to get used to this new request of mine to use the potty.

Cameron decided he wanted to try. I was not ready for him to make this decision so fast, but I started using pull-ups on him and now he's pottied twice in the potty on his request. Well! I am surprised, but I shouldn't be. He's bee watching Kiefer go through this since Monday and I suppose it just looked like fun to him....not to mention the idea of getting a cookie as a reward sounded very appealing. Kiefer just gets upset he doesn't get a cookie cause he hasn't peed in the toilet for me yet. He did before we officially started, but not since. I knew there was no turning back for Cameron when he slipped and nearly fell in to the toilet. Cried for about 30 seconds and then just got back on the toilet and tried again.

:80: So here I go PTing two boys at once! *FEAR* It may go better than I fear it might, but here goes...

2. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Best of Luck! :youcandoit:

It can certainly be an adventure!

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

GL! I had the same trouble with the girls when initially starting potty training, they would sit on the toilet for all of three seconds and say they couldn't go (and it had been hours since they pee'd, so I knew they had to). I started setting a timer. When the timer went off, they got one jelly bean. If they peed they got two and the holy grail...poop...that got them three, lol. The timer really helped let them know if was okay to sit for a little while and relax enough to actually do something!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck!!!

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good Luck! When I did it(I DREADED pt'ing since birth :laughing:), it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be!

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Good luck!!