I seriously need help!!!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Melis, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Okay, I thought since I already had one kid that I had this whole thing down but I don't know what to do. My dd Payton never sleeps I mean that seriously. This is her schedule...

Wake 6:30
    Nap for 10 minutes @ 8:00am
    up until about 1 or 2 and then sleeps for 15 min
    then up until bedtime at 7:00pm
    She still wakes up a couple of times a night to eat.

I have tried soothing, CIO, rocking, nursing, swings anything. At this point my 3 year old sleeps more than her. What can I do I am going crazy!

Thanks! I hope you all can help me!

2. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Okay, I thought since I already had one kid that I had this whole thing down but I don't know what to do. My dd Payton never sleeps I mean that seriously. This is her schedule...

Wake 6:30
    Nap for 10 minutes @ 8:00am
    up until about 1 or 2 and then sleeps for 15 min
    then up until bedtime at 7:00pm
    She still wakes up a couple of times a night to eat.

I have tried soothing, CIO, rocking, nursing, swings anything. At this point my 3 year old sleeps more than her. What can I do I am going crazy!

Thanks! I hope you all can help me!

3. bren1130

bren1130 Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice, but [​IMG] to you! My Sarah loves to be held and that's the only way I get my sleep and she'll sleep longer, co-sleep with her.

4. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I do actually co sleep with them at night but I can't during the day as I work from home and need to work during the supposid nap times.

5. WENDERELLA

WENDERELLA Well-Known Member

I have no advice, but your Peyton sounds like my Stuart........he has "decided" that sleeping is not for him..............I am doing CIO when I can, but since he won't nap he is going down at 6PM and I am soooooooo tired I feel lke I need him to sleep then instead of trying to wake him............I am hoping he will go back to napping soon! anyhoo, I FEEL ya!!!!!!

6. li li

li li Well-Known Member

i suspect you'll already have tried this, but have you just left her to play in the cot - ie to reinterpret 'nap' time as quiet time in the crib?

when ours decided the day had begun at 5 am, i put a few silent toys in their cribs at the last feed before that and then left them to play on their own (in the dark!) when they awoke. something seems to have worked as a couple of times maia's fallen back asleep by herself and the rest of the time they happily play by themselves for at least 1/2 hour whilst i continued sleeping. and now, for some reason, the phase has ended and they're sleeping a bit later again.

wish i could offer something more substantial ... but [​IMG] anyway
    lisa

7. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

I've heard that putting a bouncy on a dryer works... or just a bouncy with a vibrate button???

[​IMG]

8. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Melis - this is what I would do, so take it with a grain of salt.

At nap time, I would put her in her crib, tell her you love her and have a good rest. Put on light music in the background and walk out and don't look back for ONE HOUR. Go to your office and turn the monitor OFF. Set a TIMER for 20 min. After the timer goes off, check the monitor and see where you are in the process.

She has discovered that being with you is WAY more fun than sleeping, so she's doing what she can to be with you!

[​IMG] good luck!!!

9. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

I had stinky nappers for a while too. I actually had to make them stay in their beds for at least 1 hour. They were waking up after 30 - 45 minutes. I stopped going and getting them and they soothed themselves back to sleep and would sleep another hour. I know that way isn't for everyone, but I was at my witts end. They were so sleepy and weren't getting enough rest. They are so much happier if they have had 2 good naps!

10. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

When my six year old was younger he would sleep from 2am to 5am and he refused to nap (Yes, only three hours sleep in a 24 hour period!!). He is just one of these people who does not require sleep. Now he still has sleep problems but he is old enough to understand that he can stay up and watch TV, but he can't wake us up. I really don't have any advice but I know your pain