i seriously feel like im going to lose it!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AKilburn, Dec 8, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Not really but my nerves are shot! Jackson has cried ALL day long! Nothing really will calm him down, he really hasnt stopped at all today. Marshall is working a side job all day/ night and won't be home till 1am, any friends I have I can usually call on for help are at a christmas parade and the concert that follows, and marshall had a HUGE blow out witg his family so I cant even call them for help .... I just feel really alone right now and I don't know what to do to help my son. Ugh!

2. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

Aw, hang in there lady!! Ive been there and know how hard it is. I remember being so desperate with my little girl once that I sat in the bathtub with her while her brother napped in a boppy seat nearby. When they're that cranky, anything that works is fair game!! I hope he settles down for you soon.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Any symptoms? Fever? Pulling at ears? Swollen gums? Cry right along with him- we've all been there. :hug:

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Hope he and you feel better soon! Hang in there!

5. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Yeah he's starting to teeth, I gave him some tylenol and it seemed to help for about 20 min, got the hyland teething tablets too and that didn't seem to do anything, I'll rub his gums but once I stop he starts crying again. Then all this crying is giving him gas, so we're dealing with that too and thia?s crying keeps waking adalynn up and she starts crying! Ugh!

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I know! I wish I could say you could have called me and I would have come over, but we were busy all day too and I never got on the computer. I hope you find something that works. I'm not doing anything tomorrow. :D

7. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

:( I'm so sorry, I've been there (haha, who I am kidding, I'm still here!) and it sucks the life out of you! Have you looked into amber teething necklaces? I was a huge skeptic till I bought one and I swear they work miracles. I only bought one and when one of the girls is having a rough day I put it on and it really works. You can look on etsy for vendors.

8. efaith

efaith Well-Known Member

tough day, hope it gets better soon. These things always happen when you're on your own (well for me anyway!!!)

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Poor baby! Teeth hurt. Get some teethers for that boy, to numb the gums. Here is Annabelle's favorite. http://www.munchkin.com/fun-ice-ring-teether

10. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

sorry your little guy is having a tough time. teeth sure can throw everything into a tail spin. And for me it also seemed to happen when i was are alone. Tylenol and the ice rings are what seems to help my LOs the most.

There were a couple of days when nothing soothed DS. All i could do was hold him as he cried.
    I am VERY noise sensitive.. i didn't want to put him down but the noise was really wearing on me. Instead i put ear plugs in and it helped relax me and therefore him. I won't say he stopped crying but he did become less frantic. (i would NEVER have ear plugs in if they were not BOTH within my line of vision). Just a thought. I am sure there are many moms who would be shocked, but for me it was put him down or hold him with decreased (they were crappy ear plugs) sound.

Do what you can to get them as much sleep as possible.. if they sleep in the same room and DS is waking DD you might separate them until things calm down.

Wish you were next door.. i'd pop over in a second!
    Hang in there.

11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto the amber teething necklaces!! My friend has 3 boys. She knew nothing about the necklaces with her older two, and teething was a nightmare. She has a necklace for her third, and literally never knows when he's teething, just all of a sudden he'll have another tooth in his mouth.

Wish I had known about them with my kids too! Teething was horrible!