I need you guys to be brutally honest

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Heathermomof5, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Last night at 1am Travis called so I woke up to talk to him. You know how you can tell that there is blood well I hoped not but it was true. bright red blood. I have been bleeding ever since like a heavy period day clots and all. no cramping though. I had my FIL drive me to the RE's office. I swear they told me my beta was 583 last Wednesday but it was on the chart as 534. today it was 1700. They also did an ultrasound and found a sack but nothing in it. The nurse did the ultrasound before the dr got there and when the dr got there she said that she would not have done an ultrasound this early anyway she was not at all surprised that there was nothing visible in the sack at this point. The RE said that she has seen women bleed this bad and worse and go on to have healthy babies. They want me to come in next Monday for another ultrasound.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I am trying to be positive but all signs point the other way huh?

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me at all that they didn't see anything in the sac this early, so I wouldn't worry about that. And women do bleed and still have healthy pregnancies. The bottom line is that you just don't know. Hang in there! I'm so sorry you are having this stress! :hug:

3. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Heather, honestly it really could go either way. I bled off and on through the first trimester with our oldest. No cramping, no clots, but it was very upsetting and scary. The rest of my pregnancy was very normal, and Andrew was perfectly healthy. On the other hand, I miscarried fairly early and it was the heavy, dark blood with clotting and horrible cramps. The doctor told me my beta was very low and only saw an empty sac when I had an internal ultrasound.

It's so difficult to say right now. It's so early. I can only tell you that if it were me, I would go ahead and prepare myself for the worst case scenario. Take it easy this week, and hold on until your appointment next week. I'm sorry you don't have any real answers. Lots of :hug: and I'll be thinking of you, and hoping for the best.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have any answers for you, please know that I am wishing the best for you :hug:

5. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Heather,

so sorry that you are going through this right now, it is so scary!

I would rest as much as you can, no heavy lifting and lie down when you can. With the twins, I had lots of bleeding and cramping and the twins are perfectly healthy. Before the twins, I had 2 m/c...one there was bleeding and really bad cramps and the other there was nothing :(

It is so hard to say what will happen this early. When I was bleeding with the twins, I was told to rest, sleep, and lie down as much as possible,,,pretty much I was put on bedrest a week at a time. The mre I did, the worse the bleeding seemed to be.

Is there anyone who can come and help you so you ca take it easy?

You are in my thoughts....and sending lots of hugs your way!

you can PM me if you want to chat!!

6. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I just replied to your PM, but didn't read this post yet. I'm hesitant to tell you my story just because I have read so many other women who do have symptoms like yours and go on to have a m/c. But I'll offer you hope anyway.... When I was pregnant with my 4th child, Julianna, I started bleeding at 5 weeks. The bleeding stopped... I had an u/s... it showed just a sac. Around 8 weeks, I bled again...this time more... again, had an u/s..the tech cautioned me that it didn't look good, but there she was with a heartbeat. Around 11weeks I had a horrible gushing bleed for several hours... I overflowed 4 pad in 2 hours...soaked through 2 pairs of jeans...and I mean soaked... The had me go into triage in the labor and delivery at the hospital. Again I thought for sure it was a m/c. But again, she was hanging in there...although the placenta was partially loose with a bleed behind it. The u/s tech cautioned me again that she saw many, many of these and many times things did not work out. But Julianna was born healthy. The doctors told me there was really nothing they could do or that I could do. But I did some research on my own, and I found that many women said that resting really helped. And in fact, until I finally put my butt on the couch and did basically nothing I kept having these repeat episodes of bleeding. They put me on modified bedrest for about 2 months, and then around 20 weeks told me I was fine to do normal activities, just no real heavy work. Even if your doctor tells you that there is no evidence that bedrest helps I would put yourself on as light activity as possible...if for nothing else than the psychological factor of knowing you did everything you could do to avoid m/c.

Lie down on your left side as much as possible. Leave the laundry and vacuuming go for as long as you can, or beg someone else to do it. This way, you will know in your mind that you did everything you could do and leave everything else up to God. I was filled with peace knowing that if this baby (Julianna) was meant to be born that she was in the hands of God... we can't control anything really... even bringing a baby to term doesn't guarantee a full and healthy long life... our lives and the lives of our children are in His hands. We can only do the best we can do using the wisdom He gave us and that of the doctors. I know His hand was on Julianna. When she was born her placenta did come loose a slight bit prematurely, but everything was ready and the doctor was able to facilitate getting her out more quickly even with a vbac. So far with this pregnancy I have not showed signs of having the same problem, but I'm intentionally taking it easy because dealing with those issues is definitely challenging, both physically and emotionally. I'm definitely not trying to keep up with an exercise routine...and I'll worry about my muscle tone after the pregnancy!

Oh yeah, and each time I bled the signs and symptoms of m/c were definitely there...cramping...passing clots...every color of blood from bright red to black to brown...so these things don't necessarily mean m/c is definitely going to happen. I agree with the pp who said you need to hold on to hope and at the same time be mentally prepared if things don't work out.

7. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I did IVF and both embies took. I started bleeding/clots badly at 5 weeks. it went on and off until 15 weeks when I hemmoraged. I had to have 4 units of blood! my boys were born 18 weeks later! both happy and healthy.

So GO TO BED....get some rest.....No lifting, just rest. stay hydrated. Keep us posted. and I will say a prayer for you.

:hug:

8. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

i woke up with lots of bright red blood at 8 weeks during my first pregnancy.
    i was told to be hopeful and was sent for an emergency interal ultrasound and that is when we found out we were pregnant with twins.
    There is always hope. please try not to stress ( i know easier said than done) rest alot. let us know as soon as you hear.
    (((((HUGS)))))

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: I had bright red blood at 6 weeks and went to the RE to find out I was having twins. I bled on and off for the first trimester. I made it to 32 weeks and delivered early due to Pre-E (totally not related to the early bleeding). I had a subchorionic hematoma that caused the bleeding. I too agree that 5 weeks can be too early to see anything. :hug: Fingers crossed.

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have any advice but I wanted to say I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope things turn out for the best.

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

No advice, my friend, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best. :hug: My SIL got an u/s at 6 weeks and didn't see anything either... went back at 8 weeks and there was a heartbeat. Good luck. :grouphug:

12. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Heather I will keep you in my thoughts & wish for the best :hug:
    Get lots of rest!!

13. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Heather, I am thinking of you and hoping for the best. :hug:

14. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant with child #2, I didn't know it until the next month because I thought I had gotten my period. It was a little tiny bit lighter than normal, but pretty much there non the less. So, seriously, hard to say, but try not to worry too much :hug: Also, I had bright red blood off and on with the twins, too, which is also how I found out there were 2. :hug: :hug: :hug: for all the worry!

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

:grouphug: You are in my thoughts Heather.

16. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

:hug: Thinking about you, Heather. I hope that everything is just fine. I don't have any experience with bleeding during pregnancy, but I've had a few friends who have had bright red blood and went on to have healthy, full term babies. :hug:

17. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I will continue to pray for you, so sorry you are having to deal with this. (((HUGS)))

18. DoneYet?

DoneYet? Well-Known Member

Susanne send all your stress and worry over here ill take it off your shoulders.

I agree that you should just lay still (as possible) and try to stay calm, your beta's are in the median range so you are good there. I will pray for you and he owes me one right about now ;)

Big hugs to you

19. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Your my last post before bed :)

When we found out we were pregnant with this suprise baby we had no clue how far along I could be.
    On the day of my ultrasound to find out the gestation, about 2 hours before I started having lots of cramps and then came the blood. Bright red. It just kept coming. I even called my OB and asked if I should still go to the ultrasound.
    The doctor sent her a report stating the sac size was 6w2d and no fetus seen. Stated transducer was bloody and miscarriage likely. That was on a monday. We checked betas wed and again friday. the numbers were still rising. She made me wait 2 whole weeks before I could have another ultrasound. Fibnally 2 weeks passed and there was the baby. Fine as could be and I had just started the 7th week. So what we had seen (or not seen for better term) was completely accurate for a pregnancy in the 5th week. And the bleeding in our case meant nothing.

My Ob said about 1/3 of all women have unexplained bleeding in the 1st trimester and go on to delivery healthy babies. Hang in there!!! I'll say a prayer as well!!!

20. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

:hug: Sorry your going through this.
    With this second pregnancy I too had an ultra-sound done at 5 weeks and they only saw a sac. Then I went back two weeks later and they saw a baby. I had cramping through out my first trimester with some little bleeding due to a subchronic bleed. The bleed resolved itself and everthing so far is going great. I also know a few women that had terrible bleeding through out their 1st trimester that went on the have healthy babies and carry full term.
    So, please try to rest and I know it's hard but try not to worry.
    Take Care of yourself and keep us posted!

21. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

How are you doing this morning, Heather? :hug:

22. Heathermomof5

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Jun 23 2009, 09:16 AM) [snapback]1365062[/snapback]
    How are you doing this morning, Heather? :hug:

Still bleeding. no cramping. It seems to be a bit less this morning than yesterday but it is still bright red. I am at war with myself. My heart feels lots of hope and my mind says no way. I am trying to be positive and go with my heart. I feel like an idiot because once I got that BFP I never ever thought there was a possibility of loosing my baby. I don't know why I know it happens .I took my baby for granite and I wish I could either go back in time and rub my belly one more time OR go forward and know one way or the other. I am trying to tell myself that I am pregnant until proven otherwise - and that plenty of people have bled and gone on to have healthy babies. I will get through this week somehow! I just hope that next Monday brings a tiny heartbeat for my baby and tears of joy for me and Travis.

23. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you are still bleeding but happy to hear that there is no cramping!

Still take it really easy today and rest as much as you can!

:hug:

24. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Heather.

25. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:hug: Heather :hug:

26. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm praying for you and your tiny bean!

27. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Just another word from someone who has been there... don't freak out even if you do have cramping. Anytime there is blood in the uterus cramping is totally normal. Obviously bleeding and cramping can be a big sign that m/c is happening... but if the bleeding is caused by a sub-chorionic hematoma (fancy word for a blood clot in your uterus) then cramping is just part of that whole ball of wax. Blood is an irritant to your uterus. When they do your u/s they may see a dark area, it actually can look like another sac (freaked me out over twins!), which can show where the blood is accumulating in your uterus. If you do have sch you might bleed for months. It really sucks, and it's scary, but lots of women do go through it. Hopefully this turns out to be that rather than a m/c. :hug:

28. Heathermomof5

Thankyou all. I have decided to focus on the positives - I am still bleeding but it is less than yesterday and no more clots so far. I will take anything in the better direction I can get!! I am not giving up!!

29. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm just finding this now. :hug: Try to focus on your kids & take care of yourself!

30. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Thinking of you today, Heather!

31. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Heather I am thinking of you! :hug:

32. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've been thinking of you Heather! :hug: Take care of yourself.

33. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Just wanted to wish you luck and to tell you that at 5 wks...thats all you will see in an u/s. The yolk sac typically isn't visible until later in the 5th week and hb doesn't usually appear till about 6 weeks. So totally normal!! I have had 10 mc's and most of them I didn't even bleed at all with until later. With my twins I bled soooo much, everyday. I had to wear a pad everyday. I was sure each time it was over. My RE let me come in whenever I stressed out bc of my past (but that was after they saw the hbs so I wouldn't restress out). I have been following your story and hope that all goes out well and can't wait to hear how your u/s went. I will say a prayer for you that your little one continues to grow and grow.

34. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

:hug: I will pray that everything is fine and you see your little bean! Take care and we're here if you need us! :hug:

35. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: