I need some virtual shoulders to cry on...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kingeomer, Nov 4, 2009.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My DD got out of her crib today. Freaked me out. I guess it's time for a toddler bed for her at least, but I am the one who is not ready :panties:

I was hoping we could make it until 2 with the crib!

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: Nancy! We transitioned at 20 months for the same reasons (crib tents were too expensive for me to justify), and it was not nearly as bad as I had feared! My girls actually sleep better in toddler beds. Good Luck!!

3. kingeomer

Thanks for the :hug: and hope Krystyn!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

The twins were 2.5 when it happened for us. I was hoping for longer, but I knew we were lucky. Good luck! :hug:

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry!! I'm really not looking forward to this :crazy:

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Oh, Nancy, I'm sorry! I'm so dreading this!!

Good luck and hopefully it will be a nice, smooth transition! :hug:

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: I'm sorry Mama. :hug:

No advice from me as mine are still in cribs. :faint: Good luck!!

8. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we managed to make it to 3 but I know we're not the norm :hug:

9. kingeomer

DH is doing the "big girl" bed over the weekend :cry: DS has not made a move, but his crib does not convert, so we are going to get a toddler bed for him soon, so we have it on hand for when the time comes.

10. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Oh no! Sorry, I'm really not ready for this, but am waiting for the day. Hope the transition goes well!

11. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:hug:

I am hoping to make it till we move in June… BUT they will be two in April… I kind of hoped still using the XL sleep sacs will hinder the climb out my older DS did… he was in a bed by now (the age my twins are at, but I think he was part monkey)… but that turned into a good thing… he was one of those babies that woke up pissed and crying EVERYTIME until he had a bed… they he just got up…

Elizabeth

12. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Oh boy!! [​IMG]

Good luck with the transition! I hope she does well! I don't see us getting tents either for ours when they learn to escape their cribs. Rose is already desperately trying to climb [into] Alyssa's crib [​IMG] .

:hug:

13. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

:wacko: I am sooo not looking forward to this. We also hope to make it to 2, but if we don't I will also not buy the cribtents. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted.

14. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to make it to 2 too!! We made it about 20/21 months before Claire got out of her crib. We transitioned them that evening so it wouldn't happen again, but I am having a nightmare of a time with naps!! Bedtime is totally fine, but naps are driving me crazy.

15. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

we switched at 19 months and it went GREAT!!!!! you might be suprised at how well they can do :)
    I think its exciting for everyone :) Just like anything else new give it a week or so and see what you think.

The only problem I forsee if you have 1 in a toddler bed and 1 still in a crib and they share a room, I can see the one who can roam free over pestering the one who is still confined. Mine also like to crawl in bed together now that they have that capability :)

16. kingeomer

Thanks for the advice ladies! My twosome are in separate rooms, if they shared a room, I would do both at the same time.