I missed it!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sruth, Aug 13, 2010.

1. sruth

sruth Well-Known Member

Last night my DH and I went out for our weekly date night. The nanny comes in around 5 and puts them down just after 7. Well, in those couple of house my DD went pee-pee in the potty! (FYI, we haven’t started training either one of them. We’ve had the potties around for months but only for show). When we returned and were talking about how the night went and the nanny said “I didn’t know you started potty training…Lauren did great!” What? Apparently Lauren told the nanny “I have to go, pee pee coming!” and started asking for help to pull her diaper off. So the nanny grabbed the potty from under the sink and bam! She went potty. Okay just a fluke right? Well just before bed the exact same thing happened and she peed in the potty again! I was with her ALL day! So I’m a little sad about that too!
    They do go to pre-school a few hours a week but they only take those that are potty trained into the bathroom, there isn’t real training going on. I’m sure that’s where she is picking it up. But I missed it and now I don’t know what to do.
    I wasn’t prepared to jump into training for months (due to fear).

So, what should I do; spend the weekend training? I haven’t even read a book on it yet!?

Update: I just called the nanny and she did request to sit on the potty again, but freaked out and didn't want to actually sit down...so she ended up going in the diaper...

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I wouldn't push it... Mine did the same thing a couple of times but mine aren't ready on a normal basis. They don't ever wake up dry and will sometimes tell me when they have gone but not all the time.
    I think it's great that she did that and I would definately praise her to the moon and back about it but I would go off of her cues and don't rush it. Good luck!

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I wouldn't push it either. Mine started using the potty occasionally when they were around 24m, but didn't actually want to train for real until at least 2.5 (and weren't really ready to go without diapers till nearly 3). Just celebrate it when she does go, but don't make a big deal of it if she chooses not to.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i was thinking the same thing as Brigette - if she asks, then take her, but i wouldn't push it.

5. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

I wouldn't push, let her lead and it can happen. My daughter came to me at 2 and said I want pannies" and that was the end of that. I didn't force her and she trained herself. Now my boys...that's another story.

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

personally, I would go with it and try to PT her! Or as pp said, give her opportunities and see if she PTs herself!

I've been doing mild to moderate potty training for 3-4 months now and am quite pleased with our results but really want to be done with it and I went ahead and bought the eBook today from this website...

http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

she has some great points in it and I think I'm going to do a 3 day training and use her method soon. of course there are other methods too. but this one says she guarantees if your child is over 22 months old she can help you train for day & night in 3 days.

good luck with what you decide. let me tell you sometimes it easier to do diapers, but really, its so nice to just have them go to the toilet and do their business too!!!

7. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Mine were PT at that age. We never suffered from the fear or refusal that sometime happens as they get older. I thought it was a great age to PT.

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say that you shouldn't feel badly about missing it. Nate has pooped on the potty twice for my nanny, but cries when I try to put him on. :( I think he's just not ready and it was a fluke. There will be plenty more pees and poops for you to experience in your near future! ;)