I just spent how much on a stroller?? UPDATED

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by RRTwins, Mar 13, 2007.

1. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

After months of research, and not being able to find anything cheaper that met all my requirements and got good reviews consistently, I finally ordered a 2007 BOB Revolution Duallie. Before I had twins, I would have said anyone spending $550 on a stroller was insane. I also said I would never own a minivan. Now I am looking at Odysseys. What has happened to me?? This "career woman" is slowly turning into a soccer mom! [​IMG]

UPDATE: Call me a convert! We set up the BOB Revolution Duallie stroller and took it out for a walk. This stroller ROCKS! If you're considering buying one, you can believe the hype. It's well worth the money. I cannot believe the sun coverage - there are individual sunshades so one can be up and the other one down and they practically cover the entire length of the child. Individual reclining seats, footbrake, peep screens to see the babies when you're walking, wrist strap tether, lockable or swivel wheel, 5-point harness, and storage are top-notch. This is a quality stroller and I love it. [​IMG] Oh - and if you buy one, make sure it get the $21 soft parent console - it's quite nice for the money! I still can't believe I spent $550 (well $571 with console lol) but I am feeling much better now that I see how nice it is!

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Holy Cannoli girl! [​IMG] That is a lot of $$$ for a stroller! Good for you. I hope it is great! [​IMG]

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

quote:
    $550 on a stroller

[​IMG]

Enjoy your stroller! Minivans are great, you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner! Soccer moms rock! [​IMG]

4. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

congrats! Look at it this way...the stroller is going to last forever! You will never be annoyed if it cant push well. I think it is well worth the money! I agree though that it is crazy though! When I was waiting for my jogger to come in the mail, you would have thought I was waiting for a new car to be dropped off to me! I was so excited. Funny how our 'wants' change. AND I also have an Odyssey! Cant beat the convenience.! I never thought I would have one either!

5. RRTwins

Thanks Seamusnicholas. That makes me feel a little better. Also, the knowledge that just like a car, they seem to hold their value well in resale! [​IMG]

6. tracymcg

tracymcg Well-Known Member

You won't regret the investment, I promise!! We had a little help with ours, but I'm a big BOB fan and think it's totally worth the money. I felt a little sheepish that we purchased something that touts itself as a "sport utility stroller" LOL. But once you take this baby out, you'll see what they mean.

Enjoy your spring jogs and walks!

7. Trillian

Trillian Well-Known Member

Haha! I could have written your post! I shelled out some bucks for a Jane Powertwin (I heart it) and we're picking up a Windstar this Saturday!
    I always hated minivans and now I completely understand why people drive them [​IMG]

8. Lindyloo

Lindyloo Well-Known Member

I know. I bought a mountain buggy for $500 and it was on sale. Ridiculous. The good old days I would have spent that at the Barney's sale...on shoes. Oh well, new times. I can't go at a minvan though.

9. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Oh well, I spend $669 on a 2007 Mountain Buggy ... still cheaper than my old Bugaboo (which I sold for $499), so in the end it wasn't even that expensive. Quality pays off.

10. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

That is insane, But if you have the extra money, go ahead!

That would have paid most of my bills combined, LOL

11. Lawgraz

Lawgraz Member

We bought the same stroller only last years model so we found it on sale. I couldn't believe how expensive the new ones are but my husband just had to have it.
    And we bought a minivan yesterday. After I said I'd never buy one!

12. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

We didn't get the expensive stroller; however, we do have the Honda Odyssey Touring and it is FABULOUS! It has all the bells and whistles!

13. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

quote:
    I also said I would never own a minivan.

I know the feeling.. I catch myself doing or saying things I said I would NEVER do lol and now I am a minivan Momma after saying I wouldnt become one [​IMG]

14. sse02

sse02 Well-Known Member

I can relate....I just splurged on a Valco. Happy Strolling!!

15. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

Just so you know - we bought that stroller - and IT IS THE BEST - definately worth the investment!!!

16. Heather C

Heather C Well-Known Member

This is so great to read- i have been debating and presenting different points of view to my husband trying to justify the $$ of the BOB- but so many twin moms couldn't be wrong right? LOL

my good friend just got a minivan too and said her younger sister was razzing her about it. she told her sister, you know what sweetie? i have four kids now, and this is what a lot of smart mommies drive. we've embraced it!" my husband has wanted one since Get Shorty which i find hilarious,.. [​IMG]

17. caterina

caterina Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the mountain buggy. Ours, though, was a GIFT from my brother. Thank God for big brothers. The difference between a quality stroller and the others is like night and day, so it is really worth shelling out the bucks. I would have been pestering my husband for this stroller (although maybe one of the new designer MBUDs) if we didn't get it from my brother.

Now, I want to order the britax marathons. I think that for the most part, the addage 'you get what you pay for', is true.

Happy strolling....

Cat

18. mama mouse

mama mouse Member

Thats too funny...we just got our Bob Revolution Dualie Wednesday. I was definitely having buyers remorse but after I got to use it (until the weather went down hill yesterday) I must say that I love it!

I don't know where you ordered yours from but we got ours on line from REI and if you pay the 15.00 REI membership fee you save 20% on your purchas, which comes out to be 110.00 off. Also, we didn't pay shipping because you can have it delivered to the store and pick it up yourself when it comes in.

It's an investment...plus maybe spending that kind of cash will give you motivation to get out an exercise when you don't feel like it!

19. RRTwins

Received my stroller - see update in OP!

20. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I've near seen a BOB but what you describe also comes with a Combi Savvy EX SBS for those that don't want to spend $500+ for a stroller. Mine was under $200.

Glad you like it!

21. RRTwins

JDMummy - I am familiar with the Combi Savvy and I know it's a favorite of many who want a regular stroller! The BOB is a jogging stroller.

22. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

SOLD

I have been debating on gettting the bob for awhile. I was going to go to Babies R Us but now I am going to check out REI.

Thanks for the post - it really helped me decide. We have a jogger now but the sunshade SUCKS and it is really hard to turn.