I have been properly chastised... by a 5 mo old.

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by beemer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

This morning around 5am one of the boys woke up and was fussing a little, but not crying or screaming. We have been working soooo hard trying to get them back to STTN consistently for the last few weeks, so I didn't go get him, but sat and watched him on the video monitor and he went back to sleep after a few minutes. Then he woke up at 6:45 which is pretty rare for him and close enough to when we usually get him up that I went and got him. Boy did I get a chewing out. Instead of my normal morning smile I got the scrunched up nose, crinkled eybrows and pouty mouth (where did he get that from??? oh... yeah... right... from me. Oh brother, what else has he picked up?) And 2 seconds after I picked him up I knew why. PEW!!! He pooped. I am guessing around 5am ish... (yeah, rememeber the completely ignored fussing??? Poor baby.) And the entire time I was changing him, and boy what a mess it was, he kept doing this sharp consonant almost barking cadence (uh, yeah... probably a mommy immitation, too) along with the aforementioned scrunched nose and eyebrows. So not only did I get the glare, and the pout, but a chewing out, too! And they aren't even talking. What am I in for? :)

While I was getting his brother ready this morning he sat in his bouncy seat with his head turned kinda away from me, but with his eyes cut back at me still kinda pouting. The only thing missing was the crossed arms. And I thought only girls were drama queens. Think I will ever be forgiven? :)

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You seriously crack me up! I look forward to your posts all the time!
    Sorry your little guy is mad at you! I hope he doesnt hold it against you all day!

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

lol sounds like a little drama king!

4. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

omg that is so funny and so cute!

5. maurahursh

maurahursh Well-Known Member

How cute is that?! Too funny!

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Too cute. Well not the poop...but the pouty face :D

7. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Hope he has forgiven you by now...too funny. Kids are great!!!

Dianna

8. San12

San12 Well-Known Member

Too funny!!!!

9. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

For the record, I was forgiven when I picked him up from daycare. :)

10. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

LOL you crack me up. That is so cute and funny.