I found a GREAT way to swaddle for cheap!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rmcobb12, Apr 2, 2009.

1. rmcobb12

rmcobb12 Well-Known Member

My boys are 4 months old and up until now I could swaddle them tight in a regular blanket and they would stay put. However, the last few nights I have come in and they have an arm or two out. This usually causes them to wake up. My DH and I went shopping to buy two blankets that are made to swaddle. I got them home, tried them and guess what? They were WORSE then the regular blankets I use. I was searching on the internet for reviews on other blankets when I came across the "Uber-Swaddle" so I had to check it out. The best part about it is that I don't have to go buy anything. I already have a regular blanket and receiving blankets and that's all you need! They are napping now in the "Uber-Swaddle" and so far its working GREAT! Hope this helps anyone that may be having the same problems we had.

Here's the website I found it on. (It's someones blog) Uber-Swaddle

2. twinmommyoh

twinmommyoh Member

This is great, thank you for sharing this! My 4-month-olds, who have been sleeping through the night for awhile now, have been waking up the past few nights crying because they've busted their arms out of their swaddle blankets. I will definitely try this!

3. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

I use a long, flannel burp cloth for the inner one, and it works GREAT! I started doing this after seeing a demo of the "Miracle Blanket", I thought it was a great idea but it was way too spendy at the time (especially for 2!).

4. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting this - I'm trying it tonight!! Mine have been STTN and since Sunday of this week they have been breaking their arms out and waking up. I reswaddle and the same thing happens. The past two nights I've tried leaving one arm out and they're okay for a while, but still wake up after a little while. I hope this works. I'm definitely not ready to stop swaddling yet.

5. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

I so wish I would have seen this when the boys were still swaddled. I could never get it tight enough.

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We just made some bigger blankets when the time came. Luckily Evan didn't need to be swaddled at all, but this is definitely the route to go if you need to swaddle! (like we did with the twins)

7. kturley

kturley Active Member

Yeah!!! I love it...we are going to try it tonight. The girls are strong and are always breaking free of their blankets :lol: