I fell down the stairs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Jennie-OH, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

Yesterday (Mon) we were getting ready to go to the park when I fell down the stairs going from our house into our attached garage. Not sure how it happened. All I know is that I landed squarely on my belly first. The baby was kicking right away and I didn't have any contractions or spotting so we continued on with our day (albeit, much more carefully). I was really sore all over last night and this morning (like I had been in a car accident).

I called the OB's office this morning just to let them know it happened and they insisted I go to L&D to have the baby monitored. So, off Dh and I went (girls were at daycare). Baby was perfect, no contractions and everything checked out fine.

So, that was our recent scary event. I'll be glad when this soreness and bruising is gone though. My knees are banged up, my ankle got twisted, even my neck and back are hurting from the fall. Ugh.

2. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

How scary! Glad everything is okay though. I hope you get feeling better soon. :hug99:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Glad everything is alright! I'm sure that was scary!

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

How scary, I"m glad that you and the baby are fine. Hopefully you start feeling a little less sore and bruised within the next couple of days.

5. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Glad you went to L&D to get checked out.

Hope you are feeling better soon! :hug99:

6. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

How scary for you! I'm glad that the baby is ok! Hopefully you'll start to feel less achy soon. Can you take tylenol for the pain if it gets bad?

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug99: Jennie. I fell toward the end of my pregnancy with Liam (on the ice) and landed on my belly. I had to go in, too. The baby was fine, but I was in pain for days afterward. Hope you are feeling better soon.

8. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

How scary.....I'm glad everything worked out so well.

9. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

oh my goodness! I'm SO glad to hear baby was safe and sound inside and I hope the bumps and bruises heal quickly!

10. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that everything is okay. How scary.

11. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

How very scary!! I am so glad everything is okay and the baby is alright!!

I hope you feel better soon. :hug99:

12. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

OMG! So glad everything turned out ok! :D

13. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I fell down the stairs when I was pg with the twins...and I was carrying my toddler at the time! Not very smart. I thought I totally trashed my knee it hurt for days. Thankfully that amniotic fluid is a nice cushion for our little babies when accidents happen.

14. KYsweetheart

Thankfully that amniotic fluid is a nice cushion for our little babies when accidents happen.

Exactly what I was thinking!

When I was 19 weeks with the twins, me and DH were in a bad car accident and the air bag hit the top part of my belly and bruised it pretty good! Thank goodness they were cushioned in there!!

:hug99: Jennie!!

15. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone! I am feeling much better today - not nearly as sore. Hopefully by Friday I'll be 100% again. Well, ok, 75% would probably be closer to how I felt before the fall. LOL!

Jamie - the L&D Dr actually said that impact from an airbag is a very big concern for them, moreso than a fall usually. Glad everything was ok with the pg when you went through that!

16. KYsweetheart

Jamie - the L&D Dr actually said that impact from an airbag is a very big concern for them, moreso than a fall usually. Glad everything was ok with the pg when you went through that!

It was definitely a scary time in our lives... they monitered me for 24 hours, and sent me home on modified bedrest for a few days.