I fell down the stairs!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tinalb, Mar 26, 2007.

1. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well, it finally happened. We have this long flight of stairs up to the bedrooms. Because they are hardwood, they have really scared me since we had the babies. I have always been afraid that I, or someone else, would fall while carrying one of the babies. This morning I was coming down with Luke & I don't know what happened but I slipped & fell. I fell backward & hit my head & ribs then slid the rest of the way down. I thought I was doing pretty well protecting Luke until I felt him hit his little forehead. [​IMG] I just knew he was badly hurt & I was so scared. By the time my husband ran in to take him from me, he was screaming but that only lasted less than a minute then he was smiling & laughing at his older brother. He had a bit of a red mark on his head but no lump or anything and now, 2 hours later, even that has gone & I don't think he is going to have a bruise. Thank goodness he is ok. I don't know what happened, I am always super careful because, as I said, those stairs have always scared me & now they really are going to make me nervous. I just feel so horrible! [​IMG]

2. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Im glad he was ok....I hate stairs, they always scare me.

How are you feeling, you ok, sounds like the fall was alot worse on you [​IMG]

3. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

I fell down the stairs holding Norah... I'm sorry you did too. I was pretty sore after. I hope you both feel better!

4. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

OMGoodness! I bet that was super scary! [​IMG] It seems like you protected your little guy really well, but are you ok? I fell down a flight of hardwood stairs at my moms house when I was preggo with Dave. I ended up really hurting my back trying to protect my belly from the fall. I had bruises all the way up my back.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh my goodness, how scary! I actually fell UP the stairs, carrying both babies the other day. [​IMG]Talk about being a clutz! [​IMG]

6. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

That is why I am so glad we don't have stairs, I am so clumsy! I have fallen over the baby gates on a few occassions.

I am glad Luke is alright!! Hope you are feeling better!! [​IMG]

7. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

That is so scary! I"m glad your all ok! If it were me, I'd invest in some of those treads that do on teh edges of the steps. I'm a complete clutz!

8. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

So scary, isn't it? It feels like it's happening in slow motion. I fell holding DS and protected him well. Me, not so much. My legs/butt hurt for 3 days afterwards! [​IMG]

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thanks ladies. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has ever fallen with her baby. I was feeling like such a terrible mom this morning. Anyway, Luke is his usual happy self & I'm fine except a bit of a headache & minor aches & pains. I guess I'll be even more careful now, I'll have to try to be less of a clutz! [​IMG]

10. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

glad to hear no one was seriously hurt!! hope you and your little one are ok!

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Oh sweetie! How awful! [​IMG] for your and Luke! I am so afraid that is going to happen to me some day... my guys are getting so big and really hard to carry down the stairs together.

I am glad you are both ok. What a relief! Time for a runner on those stairs. [​IMG]