I feel so loved!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rhc0607, Jan 3, 2010.

1. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

My MIL and FIL came over today and watched the babies so me and DH could go see "Avatar" (which is AWESOME!!!!). Well when we came home my MIL had Reece and was playing with him on her lap. As soon as he saw me he started getting fussing. My MIL said "I think he wants you" so I went over to him and asked "Do you want to come to mommy?" Well he pushed off of my MIL and reached out his arms for me!! First time this has happened!! Such a special moment! :wub:

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I :wub: those moments they make everything worthwhile!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:wub: Awww.. that is sweet. Lately there have been several times when Evan refuses to go to dh. That is a first. He never really has favored either one of us like the twins did.

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

How sweet!! :hug: When we visited the in-laws for Thanksgiving my MIL wanted us to have a hot meal so she walked around with Brandon while me and DH ate, and Brandon got soooo fussy then. I could hear him just wailing away back in their bedroom with her pacing around singing to him (he had been around her for a couple of days and was fine and is usually very social, but for whatever reason he was not happy at ALL then). So I quickly finished my dinner and went back there to spare my MIL further hearing damage and the SECOND she handed Brandon to me he stopped crying and snuggled up tight around my neck. She readily admitted he must have just wanted his mamma. Those are the moments all mommies live for! :)

And btw, my husband took off half a day from work last week to go see Avatar and he too thought it was AWESOME! :) He even saved his 3D glasses and ticket stub, LOL.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's so nice to be loved the way your babies love you, isn't it? My MIL is extremely possessive over the boys, but at our most recent visit had to conclude that YES, they do prefer their parents to her. (shocking, I know!)

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Awwww how sweet!

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Aw! I love moments like that! I even love moments where they run screaming that Daddy is home. Melts my heart and his!

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: Those are awesome moments and there are going to be so many more of them to come. Honestly, these days now that my kids give hugs, it just brightens my whole day.

9. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww how sweet! :wub:

10. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

AWWWWW Holly, how sweet is that!!!!
    YAY for mommie's boys!!!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

11. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwww! :wub: Warms the heart, doesn't it!

12. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Aww so sweet. I remember Claudia doing that and I can't wait for the boys to do that.

13. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

That is so awesome. We had a moment like that at daycare this morning. Luke was great but when I passed him off to the daycare staff (who are great) he got a pouty face and started to fuss. I felt bad but at the same time it made me feel good that he is starting to recognize that he prefers mommy to daycare (thank goodness).