i don't come here enough anymore!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ddancerd1, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i am potty training ivana (mina could care less and loves her diaper :rolleyes: )
    ivi pretty much stays dry all day. (she was pooping in the potty, too, but has regressed and now wants to poop only in a diaper. ) ANYway, today she went to the potty like 4 times by herself, without coming to tell me, or having to be reminded! :panties:
    my only problem now is that she wants to wear underwear at night, and i tried to explain to her that sometimes we have accidents at night while we are learning to go on the potty... she cried such a sad cry and said, "but i go peepee on the potty every time!"
    how do i know when she's ready to wear underwear to bed? (she'll pee freely if she has a diaper on, but she'll hold it if she has panties on) and do i put a potty in their room for her?

2. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I would let her try it and see what happens. I would also put something under her to save the sheets. You never know, she may surprise you. Or by trying, she'll see that she still needs the diaper (maybe). :)

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay Ivi!!! :woo:

We went all out into underwear. I bought waterproof pads for the sheets, as well as have four of the waterproof pads from the hospital. No changing of sheets in the middle of the night here!

The boys have been in underwear since Aug 6th. People thought(still think?) I was crazy for doing underwear all the time. But I'm glad I did. My boys have learned to ask to go-or go all on their own. They will wake up and say they have to use the bathroom. I would say most mornings/naps they've been mostly dry.

In the beginning, we woke them after they fell asleep, and right before they woke up. Then they were waking up dry. So we decided to see how they do. I don't mind changing the sheets. If they wake up wet, I just remind them to let mommy/daddy know if they have to pee or poop.

Overall I am happy with the progress they have made. I also limit their liquids before bed. We stop them two hours before bed, with a sip of water right before bed. I say, give it a try. Put something down on the mattress so you don't have to change sheets. I find that they don't wake in the middle of the night and pee. They usually pee right when they wake up, which is why it was advised to wake them an hour before they usually do.

Try it. Can't hurt! And let us know how it goes! She just may be ready. It seems that she knows when her body is telling her to go to the bathroom.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Danielle,
    It sounds like she's doing great! I agree with Meaghan, I'd give it a try and see how she does overnight. Good luck!

5. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

If she wants to try I would let her. Maybe let her put the undies on but put a pull up on over top of it, or like the pp mentioned make sure she has a pad on her bed in case she does wet herself. For us we made sure we limited any drink before bed (nothing to drink an hour and half before bed and only a little after dinner). We waited until the kids woke up at least one week straight dry at night (we also did the same for naps).

6. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:clapping: WTG Ivana!!! I agree with the others, I would put her in panties at night. Just layer some towels, just in case. Let us know how it goes!

Don't be a stranger :hug:

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jessy was night trained before she was every day trained. I told her she had to be dry 7 nights in a row before she could wear panties to bed and she has been wearing them ever since.