I couldn't stay away.

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mannanichole, Dec 4, 2009.

1. mannanichole

mannanichole Active Member

I had been dealing with two very fussy babies all day. DH and I planned to go to Wal-Mart when he got home from school.
    On his way home, he calls me and tells me that his mom is taking me because his friend is coming over to play video games and guitar with him. HAH! I flipped out, because he does this so often and it wasn't the best day to try and pawn me off. DH comes in, and I have the babies ready for our family trip to Wal-mart. The babies cry getting into the car seats, and then ALL THE WAY THERE. All the while, I'm still pretty stressed about crying babies, and aggravated that he tried to pawn us off on his mom.

We get there, and the greeter gives us one shopping cart. I clean it off, strap a baby in, and then walk over to get another. She asks what I'm doing. "We needed two buggies. I'm getting one more" DH then realizes that DS lost a shoe, so he leaves us to re-trace our steps. I clean the other buggy off and lower the baby into the cart, when the wal-mart greeter yells at me, "You need to MOVE, ma'am!" <She was TWO feet behind me, a simple excuse me would have been preferable>

I didn't have time to THINK or stop myself before I yelled right back at her "I'LL MOVE, I'LL GET **R I G H T** ON THAT!!!" I screamed at a complete stranger in public. It felt... good. :girl_devil: Haha.
    Of course, DH walks up behind me right after, so he heard everything. "Bad day?"

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sorry you are having a bad day! But thanks for the laugh! :lol:

3. mannanichole

lol, It didn't happen today, which is why I think it's funny now. Teehee. It was earlier this week.

4. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

hahaha!!!! Love it! Sometimes, enough is enough! Thanks for sharing!

5. RG215

RG215 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: I have days like that....and I'll actually admit that some poor unexpecting soul is going to end up getting yelled at!!!

6. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

LOL - perhaps that greeter won't ever yell at another twin mama trying to clean carts off and strap them in safely. hehehe

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good for you. Sometimes we just reach our limit!

8. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Hahaha that totally would have been me too! Good for you! Lately I have a love hate relationship with our walmart, mostly hate! I swear they treat everyone like you're stealing on your way out the door!

9. mannanichole

I don't like going to Wal-Mart during the holidays. It's an absolute nightmare.

10. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Oh I know by this time of year it doesn't matter when you go its always crazy packed!

11. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Since it's the greeter's job to be pleasant and helpful, I would consider callng the manager to complain.

12. mannanichole

I thought about that, but I don't want to be responsible for someone losing their job, even if she was a heinous b****.