I couldn't stand it....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mom23sweetgirlies, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

So today was my 18 week ultrasound and I had fully planned on NOT finding out the gender of this little one. Well the baby had other plans! The tech was having such a hard time getting certain measurements without showing me the babies parts because the baby was really showing them off, she kept saying are you sure you don't want to know, baby really wants you to know. At one point my sister, daughter and I thought we saw parts but the tech hurried and moved to something else. There were two techs and they both kept referring to baby as he/him. Then they asked what I thought I was having and I said Boy and they asked if it was just mother's intuition or something I had seen on the screen. At that point the other tech took over and immediately started doing the leg measurements and I saw what very cleary looked like a penis. Right after my ultrasound I had an OB appointment where my DD and sister both begged me to just go back and confirm with the tech that the baby was a boy. They had me so convinced I just couldn't stand it so I went back down to radiology and had the receptionist get the tech, she came out laughing and said congratulations you're having a

LITTLE BOY!!!!

My DD was jumping up and down because she was so excited. I was going to surprise DH by having him open up a baby boy outfit on our anniversary, but I couldn't stand it. I immediately called and told him and he started telling everybody at work that he couldn't believe it, he is going to have a son. We would have loved another girl, but we are so excited that we are going to have a son. :)

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Oh how exciting!!! Congrats on the boy!

3. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I forgot to add some more exciting news, my little sister just found out she is expecting #2 due around April 23rd! Yeah!

4. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    You sound a lot like me, although I never would have even thought I could go without knowing! If you have the means to know, how could you not use them!

:D

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!

6. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

7. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Yeah & Congrats on a BOY!!!
    Take Care :)

8. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Yay for boy!!! What a happy addition for your family! I love my little girls, but boys are a whole different ball game... it's so fascinating to see what combination the other gender turns out to look like too!

My little boy couldn't keep his parts hidden either. I still remember at my 15 week u/s with the twins, almost as soon as the tech put the thing on my stomach I knew I was having a boy. She moved it really quickly and tried to be casual when she asked me if I wanted to know what I was having. I just laughed and said "I think I know what one of them is already." I think with boys at those later u/s it can just be impossible to hide it from someone who has seen any amount of u/s in the past and knows what they're looking at in the scan. I can't wait to find out in 3.5 weeks what we are having!!

9. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! Thats so exciting...congrats!

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

CONGRATULATIONS! That's very exciting!!! I actually held out for this one-and was CONVINCED it was a boy-and thought I had seen boy parts...NOPE! I was just seeing umbilical cords/legs/arms. I thought after all the u/s's I had with the boys I would know what I was seeing! LOL!

Now you are going to go from all pink to all blue!

11. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

Oh wow! How wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!