I couldn't believe what my dh said!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Heathermomof5, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

We were at the OB's office today when this pregnant lady walks in the door - she was big but you should see me! My dh turns to me and whispers - I bet she is having twins!! I just said maybe and kept reading my magazine. WELL she sits down across from us and my dh
    says to her so that ALL can hear "are you having twins cause you are
    really large" I wanted to crawl into a hole!!!! and he didn't stop there - she said no it's just one and I am overdue - he just kept saying you are so big - you look miserable! I wanted to smack him!!! and I figured he was done how much worse could he make this poor lady feel???? then he said "that must be one huge baby!!!!!" OH MY GOSH!!
    I was SO glad when they called me back! I told him in the exam room that he did everything but call her a big fat pig!!

2. Heathermomof5

We were at the OB's office today when this pregnant lady walks in the door - she was big but you should see me! My dh turns to me and whispers - I bet she is having twins!! I just said maybe and kept reading my magazine. WELL she sits down across from us and my dh
    says to her so that ALL can hear "are you having twins cause you are
    really large" I wanted to crawl into a hole!!!! and he didn't stop there - she said no it's just one and I am overdue - he just kept saying you are so big - you look miserable! I wanted to smack him!!! and I figured he was done how much worse could he make this poor lady feel???? then he said "that must be one huge baby!!!!!" OH MY GOSH!!
    I was SO glad when they called me back! I told him in the exam room that he did everything but call her a big fat pig!!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Wow!! So, did you have a nice discussion on your ride home?

4. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

for some reason it seems like dhs do not have a filter, I swear everything that mine ever thinks comes out of his mouth (usually not something he should say)...I feel your embarrasment [​IMG]

5. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

That is too funny, I'm sure you wanted to crawl into a hole! MEN!

6. Heathermomof5

YEAH the ride home was real great - of course he had no clue that he was rude and he thought I was being rude by telling him that he WAS VERY RUDE!!! he does just say whatever he thinks!! He says more
    embarrasing things than my 3 sons do COMBINED!!! We are going out to eat this weekend w/ the girls I used to work with and I am tempted to have one of them ask him if he has been gaining weight and go on and on about it ALL night!!

7. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

quote:
    We are going out to eat this weekend w/ the girls I used to work with and I am tempted to have one of them ask him if he has been gaining weight and go on and on about it ALL night!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

ha ha ha. I know it wasn't funny for you. But that was such a man moment. [​IMG]

9. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

LOL [​IMG] Sorry about thinking it is funny, but it is so typical male. They are as proud of the fact that "we" are expecting twins that they think they have a bit of authority on the subject. I have to constantly remind my dh that not every "BIG" woman carry twins. [​IMG]

10. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

Oh my that is so funny. I feel for ya. I would have wanted to disappear myself. Thouse husband can so silly sometimes.

11. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

12. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

ouch! he's lucky that woman didn't tear a strip off him!

13. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I swear, there is no filter between a man's mind and his mouth ... sorry to say it but I can top you, Heather. The other night my sweet, sweet man looked at my stretch-marked tummy, asked me if I was using cocoa butter, and said that plastic surgery wasn't cheap!!!!!!

I was so upset I cried for like an hour, like I'm not already self-conscious enough. He apologized a million times and meant it as a joke, and I know that, he wasn't trying to be mean or anything ... but I swear, they have no sensor to tell them that something is really inappropriate to say. [​IMG]

14. Sher@5

Sher@5 Well-Known Member

quote:
    ouch! he's lucky that woman didn't tear a strip off him!

Sounds like he is lucky she didn't decide to EAT him!

15. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

That is too funny!!! You are in good company, my DH has been known to open his mouth with some choice words and comments without thinking like that as well!

16. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

I am laughing at the 'no filter between mind and mouth" - so true!

I keep telling my DH that he is NOT supposed to make comments about how big I am (and i'm only 18w5d so i KNOW I'm getting a lot bigger!

He keeps agreeing, but he doesn't seem to REMEMBER that he agreed. At least he hasn't said anything to another pregnant woman; iwould have to seriously refrain from doing him bodily harm!

Kendra - so sorry that happened; of course, once you are getting some sleep and actually having sex again after the babies you can remind him that you can't, because "plastic surgery isn't cheap"!

17. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Men!! Sometimes they just don't know when to stop! [​IMG]

18. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

If a man said that to me, I wouldn't be nearly as offended as if a woman said it. I think we all realize men have no filters on occasions, but we expect more from our women counterparts!! I rememebr when I was pregnant with my ds, a woman told me, "you must be having a girl!" I said, "actually, it's a boy". She then said, "well I thought it was a girl because it looks like you've gotten fat all over, and that's what happens when you have girls." Well, geez lady--as if I didn't already feel like a beached whale.....

19. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Men, I love 'em, but it would sometimes be nice if they would [​IMG] it! My dear FIL cautioned my DH when we first got married to

1. Not mention my weight, ever, for any reason, unless to say I looked thinner.

2. Cater to my every whim while pregnant for his own safety.

3. Never comment about how much food I'm eating or what type.

4. Never comment about what I'm wearing, unless to say it makes me look thinner.

I have to say we've been pretty happy for the past 8 years, lol!

20. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How embarrasing! Sorry! I hope you explained to him what he said.