"I can't believe I did that!"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by erinh56, Aug 10, 2007.

1. erinh56

erinh56 Well-Known Member

Hey ladies...well last night, I find out that we are getting company for today. It was very last minute and since it was close to the end of the week, the house was looking a mess. I felt compelled to clean every room, on each floor until I was exhausted. (even includes scrubbing the floor). Once I laid down in bed, I just thought to myself..."what am I thinking?! was that really necessary?" Now today, I'm not feeling well..and I'm blaming it on all the extra work I did last night.

Has anyone ever just thought to themselves, "Why on earth did I just do that, I'm pregnant with twins!!!"

2. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

that happened to me a lot in my second trimester b/c i could do anything i wanted when i was pg with my dd. and i kept forgetting this pregnancy was different. when i was about 18 weeks with my dd i laid a new kitchen floor! i couldn't have done that at 8 weeks this time around!

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I do that everytime I go to the grocery store. I buy the big things of bottled water and insist on moving one from the bottom shelf to the bottom of my cart. After the last time, I'm going to stand there and wait until someone walks by and ask them to help. At the register, someone always offers to help and I leave it in the car until DH gets home.

I've also learned that I can't vacuum both the upstairs and downstairs on the same day. Our house isn't that big, but it really exhausts me.

4. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

HAHAHA!!
    I find that all the time!!!
    Everytime I get on a bit of a roll with the housework - or I go out for too long shopping .( I also cant do the whole house worth of vacuuming in one day.)
    Made the mistake of mopping AND vacuuming the whole house one day. Fell asleep on the couch for an hour. I woke up really cranky because I get frustrated with the exhaustion. And DH was going back to work, I'd only seen him 10 mins.
    DH says 'what's wrong babe? you look cranky'
    I say 'well it appears a person cant even mop a floor without passing out for an hour.<_<
    he tried not to laugh and just said - 'But you've been making babies all day too'

I guess he has a point.

5. Lcoots

Lcoots Well-Known Member

i do that almost every other day..lol It get a burst of energy, take advantage of it then the next day i lay around all day cause i feel like crap..lol

at least your house is clean for a few days...thats got to make ya feel good..

6. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I am still cleaning the house to this day.. Its what put me into L&D with contractions 2 mins apart the other nite

7. criss22

criss22 Member

Ok, i feel like such a baby at times, because the smallest things make me so tired and achey. I still clean my house and everything just at a much slower pace than i used to. I also have a two year old at home with me all day and so on top of doing normal household chores i have to clean up after him all day too. Sometimes i am just so exhausted. My husband works a really wierd shift and so he comes home and goes to bed so i basically am doing everything that needs to be done. It is really wearing me down.
    Today i went shopping with mom and which i have never been one to really shop alot, but after like 20 minutes i was ready to go! She was like already and i said well if you felt like your insides were going to fall out everytime you stood up you'd be ready to go to! She started laughing i think she got my point then. :) I feel so much pressure down there right now and i feel like my belly button is going to bust open! So uncomfortable!

Sorry this is so long!

24 wks and 5 days!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't know why us women do that to ourselves, but for some reason we do. :unknw:

Take it easy!

9. dunkles

dunkles Active Member

I have to say the most difficult thing about being pregnant with twins is making myself SLOW DOWN and not do so much. DH and I moved into our first house at the beginning of July; the 6 weeks prior to that, we remodeled the kitchen - while I was pregnant! I'm 26 weeks now and really having to slow down. I'm embarassed to say that we're not unpacked yet, but we're close. But if I push myself, I pay for it the next day, lots of round ligament pain and fatigue. I just have to keep telling myself that my body is focussing on it's first priority - building two strong healthy babies - and deal with it. It's hard but it will be worth it.

Now if I could just unpack those final boxes!!!