I bet you didn't know that....

Discussion in 'General' started by rheamay, Jun 18, 2007.

1. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

We played this at another forum I visit. It was so inspirational and fun to see the things people have accomplished, places they've been, etc. So I thought it would be fun to play here :D

I'll start :p

I bet you didn't know that:

~ I failed PE in high school :blush:

~ I spent a summer in Alaska working in a cannery and living in a tent. I took showers at the laundry mat. It was the best summer I ever had but would not do it again for a million dollars!

~ I hate the smell of fish (and did even before I went to Alaska)

~ I was a band nerd in HS

~ My favorite movie is Armageddon

~ I am terrifed of calling strangers on the telephone. I tried selling partylite (and I love it) but just can not bring myself to make customer service calls to people. I get sick to my stomach.

next?

2. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

• I droped out of school in the 12th grade, and married my DH. Then we both went and got our GED's together :)

• I am scared of wasps and bee's

• I don't eat fruits, I think they are yucky!

3. BellaRissa

BellaRissa Well-Known Member

I'll bet you didn't know:

I spent my first year of college at the Sorbonne in Paris - against my mother's wishes. In an extreme case of karmic payback - my dd spent her first year of college in Australia - against my wishes!

My prom date was with Mark Miller, the lead singer of the country band Sawyer Brown.

I had Rheumatic Fever as a child & spent almost an entire year hospitalized.

4. JustUs4

JustUs4 Well-Known Member

-In my first trimester, I traveled to England and France for a couple weeks
    -The Montel Williams Show invited my husband and I to be guests on their pregnancy baby shower show
    -I have a bachelors in Communication, but am currently a SAHM and there's nothing I'd rather be doing :)
    -My dad is a tattoo artist, but I have yet to get one!

Next??

5. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know;
    I was in the Army for one year before I got a medical discharge for my lupus.
    I have a degree in Paralegal Studies love researching legal issues and laws.
    I have nine tattoos and dh has one.
    I had my tongue pierced before it was cool and took it out when piercings became popular.

6. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

This is fun!
    * I learned to surf when I was in HS
    * I have a Masters Degree in Elementary Education
    * I have had the same bestfriend since I was 12
    * Sushi is my favorite food

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I had my tongue pierced before it was cool and took it out when piercings became popular.

Erykah, I had mine pierced as well... it is now out due to a tooth problem, LOL I still have the hole there though...

8. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know my dad's 2nd cousin is Larry Strickland, Naomi Judd's ex-husband. No, she never came to any family reunions!

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I love strawberries. I eat them almost every day and feel sad when they are out of season.

I once met Kevin Smith, director of Clerks, Chasing Amy. My friend and I slept on his floor!

I am terrified of calling strangers too, but OK with it when I had to do it for work.

Thought of something else... I rented cars to Linda Tripp (of Monica Lewinsky fame) when all that mess was going on. I worked at Budget at the time.

10. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know:

I hate tooting my own horn and I always get horribly embarrassed when people compliment me. :blush:

I love to watch Wonderpets with Emma... and not just because we are "spending time together" I like the show! :laughing:

I was a wild child in HS and I did not graduate, I got a GED instead.

In HS I drove around in a caution orange '66 Mustang. You'd think everybody would have seen me coming but I still managed to "run over" several people. My excuse? The horn didn't work unless I pushed on it really hard. Truthfully, it was a hobby at our school to knock people over with cars.

I was a total band nerd in HS. I played the clarinet and French horn in Symphonic band and I was in the percussion section in Marching Band. I played everything from a triangle to the xylophone and glockenspiel to my favorite - the bass drum. You know the kind you hook over the shoulder? Yep, I played that with my 3 buddies. ;) We were LOUD!

Famous family members - My uncle is an actor in the soap opera One Life to Live. I'm related to Pete Rozelle and Pete Rose from baseball. They are both cousins of my grandpa Gene. My cousin is married to Maria Von Trapps grandson (from the Sound of Music).

11. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KYsweetheart @ Jun 18 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]296929[/snapback]
    Erykah, I had mine pierced as well... it is now out due to a tooth problem, LOL I still have the hole there though...

Mine closed in hours, no kidding. I have the indentation but that was also 8 years ago!

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

- I was on TV when I was about 5. I was on a show called Romper Room.
    - I am a shy person.
    - I was a cheerleader in high school.
    - I still live in the town that I grew up in.
    - I once met Chris O'Donnell in a bar in Chicago on St. Patrick's Day weekend.

13. pamamom

pamamom Well-Known Member

My turn:

I have a Master's Degree in elementary education
    I LOVE science - teach a sciene club at my oldest's school
    I have a brown speck on my green iris
    I have a bathroom off of my mud room that is so dirty right now the board of health would take my kids!
    My husband was on the same high school team as Rick Fox (former LA Laker). We beat him and his date on the prom court!! :eek:

14. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know that...

* I started taking dance at the age of 3 and still take classes occasionally.

* I learned to water ski when I was 4.

* I went to Prom all 4 years of high school.

* I once ate lunch with Regis Philbin and Heather Locklear.

15. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Jun 18 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]296964[/snapback]
    I bet you didn't know:

I hate tooting my own horn and I always get horribly embarrassed when people compliment me. :blush:

I love to watch Wonderpets with Emma... and not just because we are "spending time together" I like the show! :laughing:

I was a wild child in HS and I did not graduate, I got a GED instead.

In HS I drove around in a caution orange '66 Mustang. You'd think everybody would have seen me coming but I still managed to "run over" several people. My excuse? The horn didn't work unless I pushed on it really hard. Truthfully, it was a hobby at our school to knock people over with cars.

I was a total band nerd in HS. I played the clarinet and French horn in Symphonic band and I was in the percussion section in Marching Band. I played everything from a triangle to the xylophone and glockenspiel to my favorite - the bass drum. You know the kind you hook over the shoulder? Yep, I played that with my 3 buddies. ;) We were LOUD!

Famous family members - My uncle is an actor in the soap opera One Life to Live. I'm related to Pete Rozelle and Pete Rose from baseball. They are both cousins of my grandpa Gene. My cousin is married to Maria Von Trapps grandson (from the Sound of Music).

WOW Jenny! You've got a lot of good stuff!

~ I was in a summer exchange program in high school and stayed with a family in Finland. We also traveled to Russia that same year.

~ The following year I went back and my "family" and I went to Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France and England.

~ I am on the NESN DVD commemorating the Red Sox World Series in 2004. There is a snippet of me jumping up and down like a loon when they won a great game against the Yanks!

~ I won a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia through the radio station sponsored by the TV show, The Bachelor. It was amazing!!

16. cmharper

cmharper Well-Known Member

Hee hee, this is a fun post to read. I bet you didn't know that...

I was a licensed private investigator for almost 7 years right out of high school (family business) and was the sole operator of it by the time I was 21.
    I didn't get a college degree, but still somehow managed to end up having a lucrative career in high tech.
    My father is a Vietnam vet and was in the special forces and wrote a book titled "I Served", and he and my mom produced a documentary called "Silent Victory"

17. pamamom

QUOTE(moski @ Jun 18 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]296975[/snapback]

I loved that show!

18. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

- I am a shy person.
    - I was a cheerleader in high school.
    - I still live in the town that I grew up in.
    - I once met Chris O'Donnell in a bar in Chicago on St. Patrick's Day weekend.

I remember Romper Room!!! :laughing:

19. pamamom

I loved that show!

20. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know:

I married my DH when I was 16.

I have a sister that is younger than the twins :rolleyes: and a "step mom" who is younger than my little sister. :blink:

My BIL is still good friends with Matthew McConaughey. They have been buds since attending college at UT in Austin.

21. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know that.....

~ I spent 5 mos in Russian when I was 19, working in an American-run orphanage

~ I've been rafting on the river in a long dress

~ I am mortally terrified of frogs

~ I still have a habit of rubbing my ears, since I was a baby

22. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

Wow, you guys are all very intersting!

1. I was once threatened with a knife when I was 13.

2. I get really painful charlie horses whenever I am in cold water too long.

3. My second cousin was actor Danny Kaye.

4. I can juggle three balls, walk on my hands, whistle with my fingers, and draw almost perfect copies of other drawings (like comic strips and cartoons).

5. Growing up I went from wanting to be a vet, to an archeologist, to an actor, to a police officer (came very close to this), and finally after getting my associate's degree, went back to school for teaching.

23. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Bet you didn't know that:
    - I hate milk and until I had babies just the thought of it touching me grossed me out. Now I've dealt, but I still hate it and will never drink it!
    - My parents had five kids in five years and we share three birthdays (no twins).
    - My next older sister had twin boys five months before I had my girls.
    - My family has been in Bucks County, PA since the 1600s -- barely moved at all.
    - I can put my whole fist in my mouth.
    - When we were kids we used to spin in the dryer.
    - I didn't get my driver's license until I was 32.

24. Renald99

Renald99 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(stacyw @ Jun 18 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]297005[/snapback]
    I bet you didn't know:

My BIL is still good friends with Matthew McConaughey. They have been buds since attending college at UT in Austin.

Aw, man! :p

Bet you didn't know:

*I spent a summer in college living on glaciers in Alaska
    *I have 45 first cousins
    *I once literally bumped into Bob Dylan at one of his concerts (I was working security & didn't know who the "sketchy looking roady" was him until after he was gone. My co-worker filled me in :rolleyes:
    *I have two younger brothers and they BOTH got engaged within 2 months of each other this Jan-March.
    *I tend to braid my hair when I'm tired or bored. Its soothing to me.

25. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

I bet you didnt know that Im really wierd!!

~Im a paranormal investigator and have helped many families regarding the paranaormal

~ I collect converse sneakers

~Im a country singer...a non practicing one at that, but it will be my dream till the day I die

~I can draw cartoons with the best of them, and always dreamed of being an animator

~I graduated HS with a 1.2 GPA, and worked my way as a student in Community college to get to the University Of Massachusetts, and now have a 3.7GPA

~before I was married, I used to pose nude (tastefully), have a really nice portfolio and almost got into playboy :blush: (And no, I have nothing enhanced, and you would never know it now!!)

~I am obsessed with Billy Joel and Michael J. Fox..I know everything about them

~I have a BIG crush on William petersen...the older dude from CSI Vegas

~I wish I lived in Ireland

:wub:

26. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Jun 18 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]296964[/snapback]
    Famous family members - My uncle is an actor in the soap opera One Life to Live.

OOOOOOO, OOOOOOOO Who is it. I live for OLTL every day.

I bet you didn't know that......

I was born with 4 teeth. 2 on top and 2 on bottom.

I was a band geek and orch dork in hgih school. I played the violin in orchestra, clarinet in marching band, and bass clarinet in symphonic band.

My my is 2 years older than my oldest brother. (My dad was 16 years older than my mom and she was his 3rd wife. Most of my neices and nephews are older than me.)

My dad died 4 days after my 9th birthday.

I have 5 dogs, 3 birds and 2 rabbits.

I'm sure there is more, I'll have to think about it.

27. Tasha

Tasha Well-Known Member

Wow - this is fun....
    - We conceived our twins in Maui on vacation, and they were the only souveniers we brought back for the family.
    - Prior to being a SAHM, I was a grief counselor with Hospice.
    - A year after our twins were born, my brother and SIL had twin boys.
    - I dated Kyle Korver from the Philadelphia 76ers in school, and his dad, a pastor in town, married my DH and I.

28. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

Great topic!

I betcha didnt know:
    *I am a cancer survivor (Same cancer the boys have...and my boys will make us proud and be survivors in the future)
    *I as a band nerd in HS. I Tried the flute but got bored so i was on the color guard in marching band from sophomore year on...we marched in the Disney World Parade down main street.
    *I totaled my first car (Plymouth Sundance ) when a mail truck pulled out infront of me and i hit the back corner of the truck. Wasnt really my fault but it's true what they say "Govn't vehicles are never at fault..." I got sited for improper lane change b/c he sent me flying across the road.....but he pulled out infront of me.

29. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know that

I was a crazy Backstreet Boys fan and had breakfast with them in Germany, Berlin. :winking:
    I was a cheerleader in HS.
    I was engaged before I met my DH for 5 yrs.
    I'm crazy about TS! :laughing:

30. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

I lived in Cairo for a year teaching English, during which time I travelled a lot with friends but did the following BY MYSELF:

Climbed Mount Sinai after a gruelling 9 hour bus trip a restless sleep on a concrete bed.

I took a 12 hour bus ride to Israel and stayed at a hostel within the walls of the Old City in Jerusalem. I climbed Masada and I swam in the dead sea. I waded in the Jordan River.

I had to flirt with an Egyptian border administrator to get back to Cairo in time for my flight home (I didn't have my passport stamped in Tel Aviv.)

As far as fame--Hmmm, my great uncle was a finance minister of Canada (my grandfather--his brother was the black sheep of the family because he married an ACTRESS (my grandmother) because she was pregnant with their love child (my mother). They never had a lot of money, but they made all of it in the Arts. My grandfather was a painter and pianist/organist and my grandmother was actually on an entertainment/news program in Detroit, as well as doing stage work. They both died before I met them.

Next...

31. BounceTigger

BounceTigger Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Monika @ Jun 18 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]297155[/snapback]
    I bet you didn't know that

I was a crazy Backstreet Boys fan and had breakfast with them in Germany, Berlin. :winking:

OH! I LOVE BSB lol Any interesting stories to share?

32. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

• I am a VERY shy person.
    • I met my best friend in 4th grade and we’re still best friends.
    • We were in the paper once for winning a cruise, some pervert then called my mother and said he abducted me, I was living in fear for years after that.
    • I have been on 40+ cruises.
    • I have a degree in electronics and telecommunications – something that I never used.
    • I am a part time recess paraeducator at my kids’ school.
    • I have applied to get my substitute teacher's certificate.
    • Today is Matthew's 8th birthday!
    • My twins turn 6 on Wednesday!

33. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Bouncier @ Jun 18 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]297168[/snapback]
    OH! I LOVE BSB Any interesting stories to share?

:laughing: I used to drive all over Germany just to get a glimpse!
    I found out through other BSB fans that they would be in Berlin and which hotel. Me and my friend booked the hotel right away and drove 4 hours to get there. It was so very awesome and I will never forget that! I was totally crazy about A.J. and when I finally got him at this hotel, asked for a quick pic to which he responded that he just got here and was very hungry getting ready to eat pizza. But he promised to be down later and I did get my pic! :good:
    Next day, me and my friend went down for breakfast and there they were, sitting and eating and didn't mind a bit that we pushed the tables together. It was unbelievably cool!

34. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

QUOTE(LisaGoeke @ Jun 18 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]297172[/snapback]
    • Today is Matthew's 8th birthday!

Happy Birthday, Matthew! :birthday:

35. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Mo, I probably saw you on Romper Room!! :lol: How funny.

My turn:

*I am an only child and grew up in the same small Wisconsin town as my parents and grandparents (pop. 250).

*I lived with a family in Spain for a week when I was 15.

*I graduated tenth in my HS class of 350 students and was a total math/science geek.

*I have a double major in International Economics and Spanish and a business minor. I also have my paralegal certificate.

*I once stripped naked at the footbath outside our condo in St. Thomas, about 50 ft. away from the very crowded outdoor bar. :blush:

*I have never dyed my hair.

*I hate to drive on the Interstate.

*I have been to more Aerosmith concerts than I can even remember and have been touched by Steven many times. *sigh* (Well, you probably knew that one, lol, but I had to share it. ;) )

*My Dh is a private pilot but I am scared to fly with him. I only have once in my life and that was enough for me!

*I'm actually a pretty boring person and have never done anything to really surprise anyone!! :lol:

BTW, this is a totally fun thread. I am learning a lot about many of you!!!!!