I am considering homeschooling at least in addition to regular school

Discussion in 'General' started by MamaKimberlee, Nov 15, 2008.

1. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

I am considering homeschooling at least in addition to regular school. Where do I start? I would love to find an online forum like TS for homeschooling. OF course, I would also be interested in curriculums and other programs.

Where do I start?

Kimberlee

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

The main forum I use belongs to The Well Trained Mind. They are a classical homeschooling teaching method but are very open to everyone. I just haven't mentioned that I have never even read any of the WTM stuff ;) . I don't need 20 unsolicited copies showing up at my door. They are a great support network that is not just inclusive to strict homeschoolers. They have a forum for "After schoolers" which is what they call the people that are just doing in addition to the regular school work.

3. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I visit WTM on occassion. But usually, I am at www.homeschoolspot.com Their audience isn't as huge and the forums don't move as quickly.

Here is a fun and free curriculum that you can start with and see if you enjoy HSing for the younger ones:

http://www.letteroftheweek.com/preschool_age_3.html

How old are your older children?

4. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Well-Known Member