Hylands Teething Tablets

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sbcowell, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I have bought some of these as I had heard good things about them, but I have two questions, it seems like some dr's do not recommend using them. So, who has actually used them, and did they help?
    And, how did you use them, as we are bfing, I can't put them in a bottle of formula, did you just put them under their tongues?

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

hey there!!
    We used them & they seemed to work (or maybe we just 'believed' they worked!) ~
    I posted this same thing about a month ago :)
    The best way we gave them was to take a couple & just hold it on the inside of their gums under their tongue. They dissolve in a quick second & the babies weren't bothered by them at all.
    I even tasted one beforehand to see how it dissolved which made me feel better :)
    good luck!

3. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]We used them and they worked great for my two. My pedi recommened them as well as so many great TS mommys!

We would put them in the back of their mouths and/or try to put them under their tongues. They were pretty good about it ~ I think because they liked them ;) I know others have melted them with a little water and given it to them either in a bottle or a medicine dropper.

April :)
    [/SIZE]

4. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I hold them under their tounge and with all the slobber that is in there they melt in no time...I then rub around the white stuff on their gums....(my guys like it) I use two at a time.

Good luck, I hope that it helps!

Missy

5. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MissyEby @ Jul 22 2008, 03:23 AM) [snapback]888635[/snapback]
    I hold them under their tounge and with all the slobber that is in there they melt in no time...I then rub around the white stuff on their gums

I do this too. We use three at a time.

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(SweetGirl @ Jul 22 2008, 06:48 AM) [snapback]888712[/snapback]
    I do this too. We use three at a time.

Us too. Lily gobbles them down, Amelia acts like they are poison. :rolleyes:
    To be honest I didn't notice it helping though.

7. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

I haven't decided if they actually help or if the distraction is just what DS1 needs to calm down. Either way it often makes him stop screaming long enough to go to sleep. I just hold them in their mouth with the slobber until they start to melt. I use 2 or 3 at a time.

8. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

My twins are not yet born (due in Nov), but my best friend used these and calls them baby crack. Her kids responded really well to them. She just puts them under the tongue and they melt pretty quickly.

9. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

We've been using these for almost 2 months. I originally just held them in their mouths until they dissolved, but the girls were SO drooly with teething that it would leak right out of their mouths!! :lol:

What someone suggested on here & what I think works better, is to dissolve a few tablets in your hand using a little bit of water to form a paste. Then rub the paste against their gums. I think they like the pressure against their gums too.