Hylands Teething Tablets?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tamaras, Jun 26, 2008.

1. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

okay, so I have some of these, but it says to dissolve them under the tongue or put in a teaspoon of water & then give to you baby??
    uhhh, no getting it under the tongue (I dont think) & what about the water?
    How do I use these?????
    hewp.
    TIA!

2. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I just put it behind their gums (they usually lick my finger the whole time) and hold it there for a second till it disolves.

3. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I fanagle them under the tongue as best as I can. I hope your girls are feeling better :hug99: .

4. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

I'm glad you asked this, I was wondering the same thing today at the store!

5. tamaras

thanks guys!!! here we go...........................!!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(cohlee @ Jun 26 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]848142[/snapback]
    I just put it behind their gums (they usually lick my finger the whole time) and hold it there for a second till it disolves.

This is a great question and thanks for the advice Cohlee, I was wondering this same thing. I was letting the pills dissolve in water and giving them to the babies via dropper. That was not a good idea because the babies did not go for it!

7. tamaras

okay, that was too easy and they loved having our fingers in their mouths!!! DH made me try one too....tasted like air.....
    get some Melissak!!
    hope they work :)

8. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Jun 26 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]848170[/snapback]
    okay, that was too easy and they loved having our fingers in their mouths!!! DH made me try one too....tasted like air.....
    get some Melissak!!
    hope they work :)

Good I'm glad it went well! I will next time!!

9. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

My ped. nurse said to put 1-2 tablets in your hand, add a drop or two of water and use your finger to make a little paste. Rub it on the gums. I just did it a little while ago and my ds loved it, too!

10. tamaras

QUOTE(Mama2Eric&2peasinpod @ Jun 26 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]848281[/snapback]
    My ped. nurse said to put 1-2 tablets in your hand, add a drop or two of water and use your finger to make a little paste. Rub it on the gums. I just did it a little while ago and my ds loved it, too!

another great idea!!! thanks!! :)

11. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I did not know this but Hylands also make a gel. My niece was teething at 4 months and my sister used the gel. Around 5 or 6 months, we used the tablets. They were wonderful! Good luck! I so hope they work for you!

12. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I just pop them in their mouths, they love those things. We're getting molars now and they still work great!

13. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I swear by those things! They let me put them under their tounge....we use one on each side of their mouths. It does seem to make them more comfy!

Good luck!

14. aliza25

aliza25 Member

I havent tried the tablets yet but they also have the gel that you can apply every 15mins and this seems to help alot as well.

15. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

I love these as well. My babies seem to calm right down with these and it is so much easier than trying to put gel on them.

16. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mama2Eric&2peasinpod @ Jun 27 2008, 02:07 AM) [snapback]848281[/snapback]

That's a good idea!

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Jun 27 2008, 05:20 AM) [snapback]848538[/snapback]
    I just pop them in their mouths, they love those things. We're getting molars now and they still work great!

I never did the under the tongue thing...I just put it in their mouths. I need to stock up on these, I have a feeling Olivia will be teething soon enough. The twins were teething by 3.5 months and each had 2 teeth at 5 months....I'm sure my doom is right around the corner (and to think, we were over all that with the twins already....here we go again)...lol!

17. aliza25

aliza25 Member

QUOTE(moontwins @ Jun 27 2008, 11:03 AM) [snapback]849559[/snapback]
    I love these as well. My babies seem to calm right down with these and it is so much easier than trying to put gel on them.

hmmm maybe i'll try the tablets instead...