Hubby's first day back at work...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lisagayle, Aug 25, 2010.

1. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

So as I mentioned a month or so ago, DH lost his job. Well today was his first day back at work (Thank GOD he found a job...one that actually pays a little better and it's with a company he was actually laid off of a couple of years ago).

Anyways....so can I just say that with him home the last month I got so spoiled with having an extra set of hands around. Things are definitely easier now that they are a little older and stretching between feedings and can semi entertain themselves in a bouncy or on a play mat...but still...I forgot how bad it feels when they both are screaming at the same time!

I know it will just take some getting used to, but I don't know why the heck I assumed it would be EASY?!

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

yay for the job! i think as moms something in us just pushes us to keep going no matter how hard it gets! does he get home at a decent hour from work. my dh doesn't get home until 8 or 9 pm often :(

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad he was able to find another job! And better paying at that! :)

All hands on deck is why I sooooo look forward to the weekend! Although sometimes, I'm just better off doing most of it myself! ;) As for the crying, you'll get used to it in no time! And they most certainly won't remember these days!

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wish my hubby would go back to work! I actually prefer being in my own routine during the day... but yeah, it is a whole lot of work. I am sure you'll be in the swing of things in no time!

5. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

On one hand I'm sad to not have the extra pair of hands...but on the other I agree with you, Jen. The last two weeks of him being home I was just PRAYING he'd get a job and leave. He makes almost as many messes as the kids do! But it was also fun having time to spend together as a family because at his last job he worked 60 to 70 hours a week.

:)

6. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

My husband started back this week part time. Its been really rough. I have had my mom come by to help a bit and I still haven't gotten to shower those days. I go back full time in two wEeks...iit will be easier to be at work than with two babies!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:clapping: Congratulations on your DH finding a job!
    It is hard once you are on your own, I remember dreading the day when my DH went back to work. Once the kids and I got into a good rhythm, it was not that bad. It just took sometime to get there. I always felt badly when they cried at the same time and I would try to figure out who was in more need of my help at that moment. It was tough but :youcandoit: