How's it going??

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Mar 7, 2016.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well….with Wednesday's weather here topping out around 70 degrees, I'd say SPRING IS ON IT'S WAY! You can all thank me later for the glorious weather. ;) Anywhooo!

What's new? What are we looking forward to with spring just around the corner? I'm looking forward to warmer weather, longer days, soccer season starting, keeping windows open, and just much more cheerfulness all around after the winter months(and we didn't even have a bad winter!).

Boys make their first communion in May(anyone has sites for twin invites WITH photos, let me know lol), and we are going to Orlando for a week for dh's conference two weeks later-we are all looking forward to that! We will do Thur-Sun at Universal Studios, and then go to the hotel where the conference is Sun-Thur. We may sneak in a trip to MK on Monday. We will see. That's 72 days away! ;) LOL!

How is it in your neck of the woods?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's supposed to be 70 here as well today. Things are going so-so on my end, we have some family members dealing with some health issues right now that are concerning. My husband had an injection done on the nerve in back to help with his back pain and it has not taken all the pain away but it has helped. The kids made their first penance last Saturday (our church does not do First Holy Communion until 3rd grade). School is going well, the kids are doing well. I'm looking forward to some nicer weather and we will be painting our bathroom and my son's room.
    Meaghan, have you tried tiny prints for photo twin invites?

3. megkc03

Nancy-when did you change your name??? ;) lol!
    I have checked at tiny prints. No go. I need to mess around with some website and just get it done. Ugh.
    I hope Dh has some continued relief. Have you asked Pam about the oils her husband used? I know they have quite the testimony!

Sorry about family health issues. I'll think positive thoughts! My dads youngest brother has Alzheimer's, and my aunt dropped him off with my crippled, essentially(he uses two canes to walk), father. Long story short, my parents had to call the cops etc etc and they were able to get him into a nursing home. But it's straining relationships in my dads family (4 siblings left) and it's extremely taxing on my dad. So sad all around. This getting old business just plain...sucks.

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi!! I'm having Seth's sister throw in a few highlights in my hair this evening :) The boys are getting haircuts. Reese and Ryder's music program is tonight so Ryder will miss wrestling practice.
    Last night was pretty laid back-Sophia had dance, Reese didn't want to go to Brownies so that was okay. The kids don't have homework this week. Yay!!!! So each evening we are just doing little things to get ready for our trip. I'm excited because Kirsten from our buddy club (she doesn't post anymore on TS) is meeting up with us in Denver and even got a hotel room where we are staying so her and her kids could hang out.
    Tomorrow I have PTO while Sophia has dance.
    Oh and Reese and Ryder's well child visits are today-Seth's getting them from school to take them. I thought they were last week but I was wrong, whoops! LOL
    Did you guys have a good weekend?
    Sophia had a friend sleep over on Friday-they worked on their science fair project and we ordered pizza. Saturday my dad watched the kids in the morning while we went and road on some mountain bike trails in Lawrence. Then that afternoon I took the kids to see Zootopia (it was good!).
    Sunday we all went on a hike :)

Meaghan-Orlando!! Fun!
    Nancy-who is having health issues in your family? *hugs* to Bob. I think he needs another MRI-this has gone on too long.

5. kingeomer

Meaghan, it changed with the website change over. I have not gotten around to changing it back, because I have become that lazy.:D
    I am sorry to hear about your uncle, that is really rough. Alzhimers is a horrible disease. How old is he? I would ask Pam about the oils, I do remember her testimony about her husband, but I know my husband would not do that.
    Could you do anything with Snapfish for invites?
    Lesley-the health issues are Bob's cousin's daughter and my uncle. I want to see Zootopia, we are going to try to take the kids this Sunday. Have a blast on the trip and tell Kirsten I said HI!

6. megkc03

Lesley have fun with Kirsten! I bet you will all have a blast!

Nancy, my uncle turned 66 in January(he's a twin actually too). But this was made apparent at my aunts funeral four years ago, so he was 62 then. It's awful. :( Well good luck to Bob! I have the oils, I don't know how to use them! Lol!

7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't wait for it to warm up. My girls started outdoor soccer practice last week. They were supposed to have 3 outside session, but only did on. My girls got into the car so cold. Temp dropped over 10 degrees while they were practicing.
    Yesterday i had to get them at school after intramurals to go to practice. When practice ended, both girls went to the car, to switch sweatshirts and get gloves. Instead of practice ending, they still had a scrimmage. SO practice went over by 30/40 minutes. Probably would have gone longer but it was getting dark.
    I'm waiting to get their spring game schedule. I'm also waiting for Sydney's bball playoff game time for this sunday.

8. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I am ready for spring. Our winter was not cold but so wet and rainy. We need some warmth and sunshine for things to dry off. But at least the kids want to go outdoors to play again and that makes our afternoons much easier.

My little boy had a bad fall this morning - he fell down just one step in the garden and the cut bled profusely and he took it very badly and was quite beside himself, it was so bad I was close to taking him to the ER. Luckily, he was back to normal fairly quickly but I was afraid to let him nap and wanted to keep watching him in case he did have a concussion. In addition, the big kids had friends over to play so I was dealing with a needy tired toddler and 4 kids alone until dinner time. Not much fun.

Hugs to everyone dealing with health problems in the family. It is hard. My widower dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's over the winter, finally, because he is stabler with the medications, but last year was hard - for him and for me.

9. kingeomer

I am glad your little guy is okay. I am very sorry about your dad but I am glad that he is stabler with the medications.
    Meaghan-((hugs)) He was started with it at young age. I am sorry.

We found out with my uncle that he does have colon cancer but the doctor thinks it is a low stage, he will have the tumor removed via laparoscopy on April 8th. They will check to see if it spread to the lymph nodes but the doctor seems to feel it hasn't. So we are hoping for that to be the case.

10. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

It's been in the high 80's here in South Carolina. My twins are on Spring Break next week so we are planning a few beach trips. (Don't throw things at me!) :D