how to wash/clean the diaper bag?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by happychck, May 19, 2010.

1. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

hi, everone!
    my guys are actually over 2 already (snif, snif!) but i'm asking here because i think more people here still use bags. we have a hop skip duo double and i want to give it away. i didn't use it much because a friend made me one (out of this material vinyl-ish material that's been great!). on the inside it's perfect but on the outside i noticed that some of the pockets are discolorered where the stuff i left in there months ago has seeped through. anyone w/any ideas on how to clean it? can i just stick the whole thing in the washing machine?
    thanks a bunch,
    jeri lynn

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

I'll take it off your hands - clean or dirty. lol we've been wanting one for a long time now. :)

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I have washed my skip hop in the washing machine and it came out perfectly! :good:

4. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing, only mine is dirty from the abuse I put it through daily. Now, when am I doing to find the time to put it through the washing machine and let it dry before I need it again??? :laughing: :laughing:

5. carlaj23

carlaj23 Well-Known Member

Oh, I love my Duo Double! I was wondering the same thing...Here's directions from the Skip Hop website:

How do I clean my Skip Hop bag?
    Our canvas models can be machine washed. The first course of action is to spot clean the bag. If the canvas bag still needs additional cleaning, then it can be machine washed. Take off the shoulder strap and spray any big stains with spot remover, then wash using the regular cycle on warm/cold and hang to dry. We also recommend washing on the gently cycle, and including a few towels so that the bag isn’t by itself in the washing machine. This will balance the weight and keep the bag from banging against the side of the machine. Denim should be turned inside-out before washing. Corduroy items should only be spot cleaned and not machine washed - you can also hand wash the corduroy. Washing machine spin cycles can cause excess wear to the corduroy.