How to Mix GoodStart Formula?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by HH996, Jan 29, 2007.

1. HH996

HH996 Well-Known Member

I just changed from Neosure to Good Start (finally!!!). I bought the larger (25.7 oz) can but it doesn't give directions on how to mix anything greater than the 8oz bottle (using the scoop). With Neosure, I can mix 1 cup to 21oz of water. Is this also the case (same ratio of mix to water) for GoodStart?
    Thanks,
    Holly

2. HH996

HH996 Well-Known Member

I just changed from Neosure to Good Start (finally!!!). I bought the larger (25.7 oz) can but it doesn't give directions on how to mix anything greater than the 8oz bottle (using the scoop). With Neosure, I can mix 1 cup to 21oz of water. Is this also the case (same ratio of mix to water) for GoodStart?
    Thanks,
    Holly

3. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, when I mix up a big batch I just do the same 1 scoop to 2 oz of water ratio. It is a big pain, I wish I knew some other short cut...maybe someone else will know!!

ETA: Good Start will send you good coupons (like $11 off and $1 off coupons every two weeks) up until 6 months, so make sure you register with them on their website!

4. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Not sure... I hope someone can help you.

I always mixed as I used them... I wasn't good at pre-doing anything, LOL

5. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I looked at VeryBestBaby.com and couldn't find any information. Their toll-free # is (800) 284-9488 and they are open from 8am to 8pm EST. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

6. Time2Sow

Time2Sow Well-Known Member

when I called to get signed up for their new-mom coupons, i asked about that, because i noticed big-batch recipes weren't on the can. the lady i was on the phone with gave me measurements in cups and such, upon request, but i dont remember what they were (sorry). but you could call and get the info from them, at least (HTH).

/I did ask about why the instructions weren't on the can, and just got some generic non-alarming reply (you can tell i was juggling 2 babies and a pot of stew too, right?) [​IMG]

7. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

Measure the scoop- the scoop for most formulas is 1 tablespoon (put water in the scoop and pour into a measuring spoon) if it is then figure from there. One cup is 16 tablespoons so that would go with 32 oz water.

8. 2peasNApod

2peasNApod Well-Known Member

I was about to say the same thing. You could just measure out the number of scoops you use in their bottles per day (one scoop to two ounces) in a measuring cup, then you'll know! [​IMG]

9. xCandacex

xCandacex Well-Known Member

1 level unpacked scoop for every 60mls of water [​IMG]

10. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

I did call when my boys were on formula. She said for every 29oz of water to add 1 cup, 2 tablespoons and 1 scoop of formula. Someone else once posted 1 cup for every 23oz of water.

If you call, get a reference # for their multiples club. Then you can send in (fax or mail) copies of the birth certificates or hospital cards and they will send coupons for small cans of formula.