How old were yor twins before they slept through the night?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by dhubof, Jul 8, 2007.

1. dhubof

dhubof Well-Known Member

My girls are 8 1/2 (3 1/2 weeks premature). They do well at night with feeding and going right back to sleep (usually anywhere from 3-5 hours). I wish I could go right back to sleep!

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Emma was 4 months old, and Jake was 6 months. I had to do CIO with Jake, as he was up 8-10 times a night for a binky reinsert! :icon_eek:

3. dhubof

dhubof Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dhub @ Jul 8 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]321945[/snapback]
    My girls are 8 1/2 (3 1/2 weeks premature). They do well at night with feeding and going right back to sleep (usually anywhere from 3-5 hours). I wish I could go right back to sleep!

I guess I should add weeks. They are 8 1/2 weeks. Sorry!!!

4. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

5 months, 8 days, arnd counting....nowhere close to sleeping through the night, but I am BF, so that is probably part of the reason. Hoping once we start solids next month it'll help....

5. indy2all

indy2all Well-Known Member

My DD started sleeping for 12 hours straight right at 6 months. I had to do CIO with my DS last week. It only took two nights of CIO until he was sleeping straight through. They both now go to sleep between 7 and 7:30 and sleep until at least 7am.

6. momlissa

momlissa Well-Known Member

They started doing 6 hour stretches at 10 weeks and now at almost 16 weeks, they sleep 8-9 hrs.

7. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

They started going from 9 to 6:30 a little after 3 months

8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

6 months 1 week to be exact!!!! We had to do CIO

9. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

They were 6 months old and we'd just put them in separate beds. If I'd known I would have put them in separate beds sooner!

10. HT

HT Well-Known Member

My twins were sleeping 7 hrs during the night by 7 weeks, 10 hrs by 3 months. We swaddle, use white noise and they sleep in separate cribs. They were exactly 2 weeks premature.

11. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

sleeping throught the night??? what's that??? LOL

one of my dds started sleeping through the night at about 7 months or so. My other dd to this day does not consistently sleep through the night. She will often wake at least one time during the night but I have gotten better about not always running in to check on her right away. I listen on the monitor and usually she is just fussing not really crying. Usually now she will just play in her crib and fall back asleep. When she's teething however, (which seems never ending :rolleyes: ) I will usually go in to give her tylenol and rock her back to sleep.

12. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

About 10 weeks they started going 5 hour stretches, by 3 months they were consistently doing 9:00 to 4:00am and slowly they've added an hour or so and now go 9:00 to 5:00. We still have some middle of the night waking up but it's usually fussing, not crying and I ignore them for a few minutes and USUALLY it will stop and the girls will go back to sleep. There is always a night or two they are up in themiddle of the night though and need fed, held etc.

We swaddle and they are in the same crib. We are breastfeeding as well. No solids yet but will be starting soon. They were born at 36 weeks.

13. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

My DD was 5 months and my DS was 6 months old. He occasionally wakes up once or twice but he is much better than he use to be.
    I thought he would never sleep through the night.

14. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

:unknw: Could you please define this term: "Sleeping through the night" ???
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning. It sounds familiar, but I don't think I've ever experienced it......

15. Rachel&Emily

Rachel&Emily Well-Known Member

They were about 3 1/2 months and we put them to bed after their last feeding (9pm) and we woke up at 730 the next morning realizing that they had not made a peep the whole night. It scared the dookey out of us... They pretty much stayed in that range... I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have to get them up so early every morning that they are just so pooped at night they crash.

I felt very relieved that I didn't have to do any battles when it came to that.

16. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Overachiever @ Jul 8 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]322089[/snapback]
    :unknw: Could you please define this term: "Sleeping through the night" ???
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning. It sounds familiar, but I don't think I've ever experienced it......

ditto!!!!! sleeping through the night does not seem to be anywhere in our near future!!!!!

17. tdemarco01

tdemarco01 Well-Known Member

Hi,

each of my kids have only slept through the night once each -- Cole's was back at 3.5 months and it was a fluke -- and Wyatt's was last week.

Babies will sleep through when they are ready. you can start to give them less in a bottle or give them water -- and the thought is that they will start to decide not to wake up cause it's not worth it. We started this process iwth Cole and then he got a cold, so we're back to 2x a night waking.

I breastfeed though, and I've found, anecdotally, that bf kiddos who are demand fed are less likely to sleep through early.

Cheers,

teri D

18. ~rosie~

~rosie~ Well-Known Member

At 4 months I decided that I wasn't going to worry about it any longer.

At 11 months, it doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon.

19. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

I'm lucky! my boys slept through the night at 2 1/2 months. they were nearly 5 weeks early, and we never did anything special really. we just put them to bed one night, and they slept for 10 hours. we were shocked! and didn't expect it to happen again, but the've been doing it ever since.

but then again all my kids have slept through the night by 3 months.

good luck!
    Michelle

20. piccolo

piccolo Member

My kids are asleep by 8 pm or so but I have to feed them around 10:30pm still. But they will sleep from 11pm to 6/6:30am now -- this started about 2 weeks ago and my girls are a little over 4 months old. I am BF and feed them on a 3-hour schedule during the day. We were swaddling, which really helped, until a few weeks ago because they were busting out of them and waking themselves up. So now they've transitioned to sleepsacks and I just swaddle their arms down.

21. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

9.5 months and they are still not perfect! Whats sleep again?! x

22. LoriK

LoriK Well-Known Member

They slept a good 6-7 hr stretch for a few months. They would tease me every now & then with an 11-12 hr night. But 4th of July morning they gave me my freedom :yahoo: ! Knock on wood they will continue sleeping 7/7:30pm to 6/7am range!!

23. Irish38

Irish38 Well-Known Member

This must be random and just pure luck....both mine at 3 mos (about 10 PM to 6 or 7 AM)

However they do not take long scheduled daytime naps, (but I'm not complaining!)

24. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

They started sleeping from 10:30 PM to 8:00 AM at 6 1/2 weeks. We swaddle with the Miracle Blanket & they are in different cribs now.

25. Shannon123

Shannon123 Well-Known Member

At 4 months they started going from 7pm-7am. Not sure if it was the fact we started them on cereal that helped or not but it has been wonderful. They have an odd nite where they will wake in the middle but put themselves back to sleep.

26. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My girl slept 10 hours straight at 6 weeks, but now she's still stuck at 11-12 hours. My boy took a little longer but was sleeping 11 hours straight at 4 months. However, b/c they used to go to bed at 6 pm, that means they're still waking up between 5 and 6 am which according to my standards is not sleeping through the night. However, at this point we're not feeding them anymore before 6 am and they go to bed at 6.15/6.30 pm. It took longer than expected, on the other hand, they've slept at least 10-11 hours straight for 4-6 months now ...

27. Gabe+2more

Gabe+2more Well-Known Member

Bell was first at 10 weeks, Lily followed at about 12weeks.

It really seemed to coincide with when they hit 12-13 pounds. I've heard that's a magic number, but don't quote me. It seemed true with Gabe and the girls.

28. kristimom22

kristimom22 Well-Known Member

both started sleeping 7:30pm-6:30am at 11 weeks. they just started sleeping until 7am a couple weeks ago & on the 4th, they gave me a holiday & slept till 8am! swaddled in swaddleme blankets until 6.5 months for ds & 7.5 months for dd. i consider myself veeeerrrrry lucky!

29. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

We're still waiting! :eek:

30. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Ours did not both sleep thur the night consistantly till they were 7 months old.

31. megginmj

megginmj Well-Known Member

No luck here at 14 months. They still get up 1-2 times per night (3 times on a particularly bad night) :eek: . We still nurse, so that might have something to do with it.

32. Heena

Heena Well-Known Member

Hi,

For those you who do CIO, how did you manage this with the twins sleeping in the same room? My girls are months 7 they go to bed for 8 & they need a top up at 12, 12:30 & they still wake up about twice in the night, mainly once their paci falls out! Am I allowed to tape it to their mouth????

Thanks
    Hina

33. Jess1212

Jess1212 Member

They started sleeping through (8 hours) a few weeks back after we installed a crib divider. They had been waking one another with swinging arms and legs. The divider has velcro tabs to hold toys an this entertains them if they do wake up.

34. caba

caba Banned

Mine just started, although it depends what your definition of sleep through the night is ... my kids get cranky and want to be put down for good between 7-8Pm ... so they get a bottle then, and then go to sleep ... the overnight bottle was usually between 3-4am and then they would go back to sleep until 7am ... just within the last week they overnight bottle became a 6am bottle ... so they are going from 8Pm-6am .. and this morning it was 7am! so I would say within the last week they started sleeping through the night ...

35. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

I too am one of the lucky ones! They started doing 7-8 hour stretches by 8 weeks, and are now doing 10-12 hour nights.