How often

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by mich17, May 2, 2008.

1. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Ok, I know this sounds a little weird, but Justin has been having stomach aches at least 3X a week & we are trying to figure it out. This recently cost my sister $4000 to the ER for a Dr to tell her that her son is just full of poop. They told her to give him stool softeners.

When they were little we all knew how many poopy butts we changed. Now they are older & handle things for themselves, its a different story. I guess it makes sense that it could be constipation. He has never been one to poop very frequently, espcially as a baby.

So lets hear it. How many of you know how many times your children poop?

2. ehm

ehm Banned

One time a day, usually at the same time. Sometimes two though, it really does depend a little on what they eat.

3. krysn2ants

krysn2ants Well-Known Member

At least once a day but usually twice a day for each boy. Isiah has wonderful timing, he ALWAYS has to go "stinkies" when we go to Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

4. Ellen Barr

Ellen Barr Well-Known Member

That is one of the few things that they seem to share some "twin sense" about -- they always go either at the same time (and yell to each other about their progress) or within a few minutes of each other. The bathroom-to-bathroom play-by-play keeps me in the loop about their bowels. Whether or not I want to be! But, I guess there are advantages to being aware -- $4000! Yikes!

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Pretty much once a day. Although since they could wipe themselves, I don't really keep track. But if they were having an issue like stomach aches, I would pay more attention.

6. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

Isabel is having the same issues. We stress drinking a lot of water and mix Benefiber in her juice in the afternoon after she comes home from school. That usually gets her going within an hour or so.

7. tweety9

tweety9 Well-Known Member

My sons go every day, usually. DD goes every couple of days. Prune juice, lots of water, and foods with lots of fiber help. Sometimes our house has everyone doing their business at the same time, too. :rolleyes:

8. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

With Hayden and Brady, I really don't know. Jackson is like clockwork, though. As soon as he comes home from school each day and starts his homework, he takes a long bathroom break.

9. Anna3

Anna3 Well-Known Member

Ethan had the long lasting problems with constipation - he is on Miralax and goes every day. Isaac had never had an issue with going, so I don't really keep track of how often he poops, but I am pretty sure it's once a day.

10. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

Kira has had this problem since she was potty training. Right now after having to give her Myrilax for a while, benefiber, and prune juice she is finally getting a little better. She goes now about once every couple of days and on a good week she will go almost every day. I know when she goes because it's usually at a bad time (like we want to leave to go somewhere) and she spends atleast 10min or more in there. Now Katrina will go anywhere from once to four times a day it depends if her sister goes (she always has to go after her sister) or if she wants daddy to wipe her (which he doesn't do anymore). The girls love to have daddy come in a smell their smelly bathroom, they think it's funny. So we are always updated on what is going on.

I forgot to also say that whenever Kira complains about her stomach the first thing I do is think back to when she went poopy because that's usually why it's hurting. Then we make her drink more and have more fiber and remind her to try going.

11. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

usually twice, morning and evening :)

12. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

Usually twice/day and it's always seems to one at the same time it hits the other.

13. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

They do daily. It is the first question we ask if they have a stomache ache.

14. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sharongl @ May 2 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]752889[/snapback]
    Pretty much once a day. Although since they could wipe themselves, I don't really keep track. But if they were having an issue like stomach aches, I would pay more attention.

Pretty much the same here too.

15. DinaJ

DinaJ Well-Known Member

I have no idea! No one reports to me anymore! The only way I know is if the toilet paper is out and they start yelling for more. Guess I should ask.