How often do you wash Playtex Drop-In bottles?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, May 3, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

How often do you wash Playtex Drop-In bottles? After every use? Once a day? We only have a few bottles for each baby. I have been washing them after each feeding, but it's getting tiring. I'm considering just using a clean nipple for each feeding and only washing the ring and bottle once a day. Is that bad?

2. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

we didn't wash them much when they were little, just the nipples and the rings...i think you are ok not to wash the bottles each time.

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I dont remember exactly but I do know we did not wash them even close to every time. The ring and nipple we washed every time but I remember maybe just running the plastic bottle under the running water for a second.

4. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

We definitely didn't wash ours after every use. We had one 4 oz bottle for each baby so we used the same drop in all day and washed the nipples/rings every day. I am not advocating this but as you can see by my ticker the babies turned out fine. If I did it over I'd know that I can use 4 oz drop in liners inside the 8 oz bottles.

Good luck.

5. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

stupid edit... didn't even involve myself...

6. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I wash after every bottle...I could wait and do a washing of all of them once a day, but I have a bit of OCD and can not handle any dishes or anything in the sink. The bottle isn't self you could just rinse off with water incase any formula got on it, but with the liners, the actual bottle doesn't get real dirty.

Dianna

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

I used them with my first 3 kids, and washed them every time.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I try to do wash them every other feeding, depends on how much time I have though

9. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I wash them after every feeding, and change the liner after every feeding too. I too wish I had known/though about using 4 oz liners in 8 oz bottles so I didn't have to spend so much money on bottles. I have enough that I only have to wash bottles once to twice a day depending.....

10. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

I used them for all my kids and at then end of the day I just put them all it in then dishwasher....