How often do you (did you)...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kenny&sammie, Oct 21, 2007.

1. kenny&sammie

kenny&sammie Well-Known Member

give them a bath at 3 weeks?

P.S. This is my first post, I have been lurking a while and have found so much helpful advice!!

2. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

At about three weeks, we gave them a bath about 2 times a week. More if they spit up badly or got dirty.

3. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

:wavey: Congratulations on your babies and welcome to TS!

At three weeks I was giving them a bath every other day to every 3 days.

4. txsweetie

txsweetie Well-Known Member

Hi! Glad to hear from you and Welcome! :sign0016:

At 3 weeks, they had just come home from the NICU and we only did 2-3 times a week. I did Monday, Wednesday and Friday (thats their bath schedule when they were in the NICU so I just followed it for a while).

5. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

Usually every other day to every third day for us too. We're still on the every other day schedule unless someone gets messy. :D

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

every 3 days here

7. first_time_mommy_2_be_twins

first_time_mommy_2_be_twins Well-Known Member

We bathed the babies every 2-3 days at that age with the exception of diaper blowouts or really messy spit-ups which necessitated immediate baths.

8. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome!

We also bathed about every 2-3 days unless they were super crusty. Just make sure not to get the cord wet if it's still attached.

Congrats on your new bundles!

9. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

WELCOME!!

I would give mine baths every 2-3 days, like the PP.

10. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Congrats on your twins and welcome to TS!!!

At 3 weeks we were bathing them everyday. I know that is extreme but my dh insisted that we needed to do it which I realize now that we didn't. We were very consistent to moisturize them after every bath so they didn't dry out. I think 2-3 times a week is more than sufficient at this age unless they are major spitter uppers then you may want to go by that. GL and again, congratulations.

11. skitles

skitles Well-Known Member

Mine only needed one a couple times a week.

12. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

Every three days or so, and it petrified me so it was mostly my husband and mom doing the bathing. I was just supervising. At 7 weeks we started to do one every night as part of the bedtime routine we put in place to get them sleeping at night (which worked! yeah!).

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins! At 3 weeks I was still doing sponge baths. Meara's cord fell off, but Ana's hadn't and I didn't want to bathe one without the other. We did sponge baths every other day and washed their faces, necks and hands every day (usually twice). Once they started real baths, we did what we do now... every other day (sometimes every third day if they aren't stinky and mommy is too tired to deal :pardon: ).

-Leighann

14. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

It was about every other day here. The nurses at the hospital said that was good.

15. HT

HT Well-Known Member

At 3 weeks, my twins were getting bathed probably every other day, but that's only because I was still trying to find a routine plus dealing with my toddler. After a month or so, I started giving them a bath every day. They would/still spit up so much (or formula would run out of their mouth) that they stink. Formula would run out of their mouth into their hair, they would suck on their hands and their necks would smell like soured milk. I can't stand not to bathe them every day!

16. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Not that often - once or twice a week.

17. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

It was sponge baths every night until their stumps fell of and the circs healed, then infant tub baths or sink baths every other day or 3 days or so.

18. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins and Welcome!

My twins were in the NICU and they were getting baths every other day. We tend to stick to that rule at our house still for the babies unless, like others have mentioned, there is a blow-out, spit up etc.

19. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

every other day or every 3 days.

20. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Congrats on your babies. Welcome to TS. At that age maybe twice a week here.

21. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

When my babies were 3 wks, it was freezing cold here, so I gave them a bath as rarely as possible (every 3-4 nights). Now it's part of our daily bed time routine.

Welcome to TS!

22. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

They were that age when were able to bathe them at all. They were so small we could not bathe them till then and i started around that age and bathed them every 2-3 days... Once they were a little bigger, every other day! Before that i would bathe the bottom part then cover up and bathe top part. ;)

Welcome and congrats on your twins. ;)

23. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We gave baths twice a week starting when their cords fell off, and pretty much still do (unless they get REALLY dirty).

Like a PP said, though, it was freezing when my babes were 3 weeks. I set up a space heater (far away from tub/sink) and prewarmed the bathroom for 10 minutes before trying it. They still hated it.

24. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins and welcome to TS! We bathed everyday because my little ones were spitters!

25. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

We were about every other day at three weeks, but at four weeks we started a night routine which included a bath every night.

26. kenny&sammie

kenny&sammie Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the replies!

27. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

My boys have pretty sensitive skin so my doc said no more then 1-2 times a week, which I have stuck to. Now we are trying to ge into an every other day bathtime with sesitive skin wash, and will work our way up to every night....But now I feel awful, bc I'm about the only mom on here who washes them that infrequently!!! :(

Shannon

28. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Oct 22 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]461254[/snapback]
    Congratulations on your twins! At 3 weeks I was still doing sponge baths. Meara's cord fell off, but Ana's hadn't and I didn't want to bathe one without the other. We did sponge baths every other day and washed their faces, necks and hands every day (usually twice). Once they started real baths, we did what we do now... every other day (sometimes every third day if they aren't stinky and mommy is too tired to deal :pardon: ).

-Leighann

same here :)

29. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

congrats and welcome!

we bathed them every 2-3 days. the boys always really really liked the water, though, so we maybe did it more frequently than necessary b/c they just seemed to like it. now, we do it just about every night (though some nights are more intense wash nights than others) b/c it calms them down so much and gets them ready for bed.