How often are you feeding your 4 month olds during the day?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by marleigh, Jan 5, 2010.

1. marleigh

marleigh Well-Known Member

I'm still on a 3 hour schedule (wish I could extend it to 4 hours, but they won't have it yet). I tried a couple times to increase the amount in the bottles and extend the time by like 15 mintues and they were so ticked off at me, they would get so upset they'd puke even more than they already do with the reflux.

I'm feeding about 4 to 5 oz. every 3 hours...

How about ya'll? How often/how much?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls ate every 3 hours for the entire first year. The most they ever got up to was 6 ounces every 3 hours. It wasn't down to the minute though, it was more like every 2.5 - 3.5 hours.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

We were every 3 hours until probably 7 or 8 months. At 4 months, it was still even 2.5 a lot of the time. Sounds like they are on track, and I wouldn't push them to go less frequently.

4. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

My boys are few days shy of turning 4 months and they are on 3 hour schedule too, we tried 3.5hrs but they were screaming bloody murder. They take 4 to 6.5oz per feed. One of my LOs still wakes up twice at night to feed :headbang:

5. csmith722

csmith722 New Member

My twins just turned 5 months old and they still want to eat every 3 hours during the day. Occassionally I can stretch it to 3-1/2 or 4 but that's rare. They usually eat 5-6 oz.

6. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Mine are eating approx. 5-7 oz every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. sometimes getting up once between 9 and 8 am to eat

7. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

I was still @ 5 feeds a day until about 4months+3wks-they began taking 7-8ounces a feed then and in a few days transitioned on their own

8. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

My boys are 5 months (only 2.5 adjusted though). They just recently switched to every 4 hours on their own. They drink 6oz every 4 hours (only 4 feeds a day). Before they switched themselves, they ate 5oz every 3 hours.