How much weight are they gaining?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AmyH, Nov 3, 2009.

1. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

Ok, so I had my 32 week apt today with the Peri. The Boys are doing GREAT :ibiggrin: and are both measuring over 4 1/2 lbs. Of course now that I'm home I think of more questions to ask, so I thought I'd see if anyone here knew..

How much weight are they gaining at this point?

Exactly 4 weeks ago they were both measuring 3lbs even.. The dr. at that point said that being twins their weight gain would slow down drastically and he'd not be surprised to see them in the 30% this apt (vs them being in the 70%), today they were almost in the 60%, so they didn't slow as much as he thought.. I have a history of growing big babies, so I'm trying to figure out how much they are gonna grow until their next growth scan in 4 weeks!

2. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Funny my babies were both almost five and a half pounds at our last peri appt (33w2d) and I made a comment about how twins should slow down in the growth soon and my peri and the u/s tech both said that was not true and that they will likely continue to gain at a good rate and stay around the 80th % which is where they were. Now I'm totally scared that I'm going to have two 8 lbs babies in there when I reach 38 weeks! Good for them to be that big, but I'm not sure how my body will handle it!

3. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Oh wait so I also meant to say that I think a normal single at this point gains around half a pound a week and that it's possible that twins would gain at the same rate if you "grow big babies" like you said. My husband and I were both almost 10 lbs at birth so I'm thinking I grow big babies too with the family history and the results that we're seeing on u/s!

4. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

Looks like we are both on track to have big babies! I agree, good for them being big, but I'm not sure how my body will take it.. :) My son was born 3 weeks early and weighed 7lb 10oz, they said if he went to 40 weeks he would have been close to 9 lbs...

You are only a few days ahead of me, so looks like we'll be delivering around the same time! How are you feeling?

5. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Feeling not too bad Amy, mostly just really tired and heavy. I have been told that I just generally look "uncomfortable" haha and I'm like YEAH duh! I am not working and don't have any other kids so I'm luckily able to just kind of take it easy and just gestate til these babies come :)

6. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

My babies have gained more in the last 4 weeks than ever. I am 37 weeks and my last ultrasound at 36 weeks had one at 7.5lbs and the other at almost 7-they definately aren't slowing down!!

7. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

Good to hear ohd! I like to hear they'll continue to grow rapidly.. :) Good luck your last few week!