How much do your breastfed babies weigh?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Heathermomof5, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I think Easton is tiny. He was 8.3 at birth and 13.9 now. At 4 months old. He is exclusively breastfed.

2. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

Cathryn was 6.10 at birth and at 6 months is 15.8. :pardon:

1 person likes this.
  3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hannah was exclusively bf and was my chunker! At 6 months she weighed almost 19lbs!! The boys only weighed 15 at that point and they were still on the preemie formula! It couldn't have been all the baked goods I ate..... :blush:

eta: at birth she was 7#15oz

1 person likes this.
  4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

It does not sound like he is way off to me. My three ranged from 7lbs, 7oz to 10lbs, 1oz at birth and at 4 months, they ranged from 13lbs, 15oz to 15lbs, 5oz. All three of them were exclusively breastfed.

1 person likes this.
  5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Heather, I don't have my boys stats but they were born at 6 and 5.5 lbs anyway so 1 was almost 1/2 the size of your boy. Anyway, what I wanted to say is I've seen your boy... He's not starving, lol! :) At 4 months, I thought mine looked just average. If you check out their 4mo pics on FB (I'm on my iPod otherwise I'd link a few) they are SO roly-poly. I had no idea at the time- your perception might be a bit off like mine was. ;)

Here's how I comforted myself- were they nursing 8-10xs a day? Were they peeing and pooping regularly? With nursing, I just decided to let my body take care of it. If there were red flags, obviously be mindful, but otherwise, worry about something else.

1 person likes this.
  6. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Sierra was 4.6lb at birth and at 3 months she is 10.14 - still only 10th percentile BUT she has put on exactly the same amount of weight as Liara who is formula fed (5.7lb at birth now 11.6lb)... I was told that they should be putting on about half a pound a week, not sure for how long this is for though... I think Easton's weight is fine personally, but you could always ask your pedi to put your mind at rest.

1 person likes this.
  7. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I don't have the stats with me, but Drex isn't very big. The important thing is their individual growth curve. You can find charts on line and you can track him and make sure he's growing at a steady pace. That's more important than how big he is over all.

1 person likes this.
  8. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I tend to make chunkers but I think it's genetics.

Twins were 7lbs at birth, Becca was 10lbs13oz, and Sam was 10lbs4oz. All were just about 18lbs at 4 months old.

1 person likes this.
  9. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Mine were 5 and 5lb 1oz at birth and both 13lb 10oz at 6 months. Exclusively breastfed and very healthy!

10. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

K was 7.12 when she was born and a week later 7.3. At her 4 month app she was 13.5. I thought she was small but she was 50% I think.

11. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

My latest addition was 8 lbs at birth and is 12lbs at 10 weeks, but I have big kids. My 23 month old is as tall as the twins were on their 3rd birthday and weighs more than 1 of the twins, and the twins are a little above average height.

12. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I think it's a lot of genetics too! mine were close to yours.

5.75 and 6 lbs at birth then 4months were 14.5 and 14 lbs. this was the last time that ours were close to 50%... they slowly made their way down to 10-20% by 1 yr and they've stayed there ever since.

I've seen many a baby that is really heavy and exclusively bf'd, but also know that ours are light weights!

yay for breastfeeding!

13. Angelfish

Angelfish Active Member

Your boy is HUGE compared to my girls LOL. Baby B was 4lb 8oz at birth, weighed 8lb 13oz at 4 months and 13lb 3oz at 6 months. Now at 19 months she weighs around 22lb. She is tiny but super healthy and that's all that matters. Both my girls were pretty much exclusively breastfed (with the exception of an occasional bottle here and there). I don't think they would have grown any faster on formula, they are just petite by nature.