how much did/do your twins eat daily?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by w101ttd, Jul 1, 2010.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I am worried about mind. They eat like around 23-26 oz every day each. They eat like 1-3 oz/feeding then sleep and wake up after eat 1-2 oz again then sleep. They sleep alot even when they eat. My twins were 32 weekers. Now they are almost 3 months (1 adjusted age).My newphew eats like 3-4 oz/feeding. My coworker's baby is the same way. These babies dont sleep as much as mine. It sounds like they eat more than 30 oz/day.

So please tell me how much your kids eat/ate around my kids age. thanks alot

2. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Active Member

Are you worried they eat too much or too little?
    Mine eat about 4-5 oz a sitting, so about 32-40 oz. Depends on the day andtime Though.
    I just make sure they are full. They know their limit

3. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

my boys were 33 1/2 weekers and they never ate as much as other babies or as much as the similac guides recommended. not even close. our pediatrician assured us that all babies are different and all appetites are different. you can have some babies that chug milk and are slow to gain, and others that seem like they eat way too little yet still put on pounds. as long as they're growing on a consistent growth curve and they don't seem like they're giving you excessive hungry signals, they may be getting just as much as their bodies want.

if you're very worried, definitely talk to your pedi. some practices also have pediatric nutritionists who could help give you some perspective and more realistic guidelines.

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Ditto! Our boys were 29 weekers and came home from the NICU when they were almost 8 weeks old. And for MONTHS after that they only took 2 - 3 oz at a time (usually closer to 2 oz). It was so frustrating to us, especially when I would read how other babies their age were taking 5 oz at a time, for example. I just knew our boys weren't getting enough nutrients and would always be tiny little things. But I was WRONG. Both of our boys slowly but surely worked up to 6-7 oz bottles, and the pediatrician was always happy with their weight gain, even when they were only taking 2 oz bottles! Now they are 21 lbs and very healthy and active 13 month olds. So try not to worry too much, especially if your pedi is happy with their weight gain. Everything will be fine!

5. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

my girls are 3months tommorow one of them eats 4-5oz and the other one eats 3-5oz they eat at 6am,9,12, 3,6,830pm bed time they dont wake up at night anymore. I think everty baby is different and they willl eat as much as they need til hey are full, as long as they are gaining weight no worries! If you think they are eating too little it will be ok. My girls went through not eating much for aout 3 weeks right around 2 months they were eating like anwhere from 1-2.5 oz. It made me crazy nervous...but my doctor let me come in for weekly weight checks to make sre they were gaining and they always were! SO no worries maybe a growth spurt they will eat as much as they need for thier little bodies to grow!

6. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

We were told the minimum they like to see is 20 oz. Some days might be a little less, other days more. I agree with the others that as long as the babies are growing well, they are doing just fine.

7. talktomei

talktomei Well-Known Member

JEEZ, my girls are hogs. They eat 3-4 oz about 10x/day. They are still under 7lbs.