How much awake time between naps?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by dmarie, Apr 4, 2008.

1. dmarie

dmarie Well-Known Member

My b/g twins are 6 mo. today....HOORAY!!! My question to you ladies with 6 mo. old twins is how long are they awake in between naps? I find that sometimes they can go 4 hrs....is that a long time? Like today I noticed them getting really cranky after 2.5 hrs so I fed them and put them down for a nap, but it seems to change on me every few days. So what type of a schedule do you have your twinkies on during the day (as far as napping goes?)

Thanks!!!!

Dmarie :)

2. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

At 6 mo, mine could only go 1.5 hrs awake at a time. 2 hrs is probably a reasonable maximum. Beyond that, they may seem "awake," but being overtired can actually make them wired.

3. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

At six months 2 hours was pretty much the maximum. We still had three or four naps a day at that age.

Reyna

4. Jhstobe@earthlink.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Mine only go 1.5 to 2 hours of awake time. Although sometime they refuse to go down for their third nap so they can stay up for like 4 hours. I hate those days though cause they are miserable by the time they go to bed.

5. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We limit it to 2 hours of awake time, they sometimes aren't acting tired at the 2 hour mark but if we lay them down they go right to sleep whereas if we wait until the 2.5-3 hour mark they are too cranky and tired to sleep properly. I am longing for the days of more awake time (especially in the late afternoon) so we can get out of the house for longer stretches.

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

At 6 months the girls went 1 1/2-2 hours max between naps. But naps were sometimes quick (30 minutes) so some days I felt like all I did was put them down for naps.

7. **Diane**

**Diane** Well-Known Member

At 6 months I started napping my two by the clock so they were napping at 9am, 12:30pm and again at 3:30pm with a bedtime of 7pm. They were usually having about 1.5 to 2 hours of wakefullness between naps as naps usually were about an hour.

When we dropped the 3rd nap at around 7 months awake time was still about 2 hours but naps were now 9 and 1.

Now at almost 14 months old awake time is about 2.5 to 3 hours. Naps are at 9:30 and 2 with a bedtime still of 7pm.