how messy is meal time at your house?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Leighann, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls LOVE solid food! Right now we are still just on stage 1 fruits and veggies and cereal only once a day, but we are going to add breakfast to their schedule soon.

Recently my sweet little Ana has become the MESSIEST eater!!! :rolleyes: Meara, on the other hand, loves her food so much she rarely leaves any on her face, hands or the tray! Ana likes to shove her fingers in her mouth as soon as I take the spoon out. She is my thumb sucker so that is kind of what she is doing in between spoonfuls. But then she takes her fingers out of her mouth and rubs her eyes or ears or hair or face.. you get the idea! Tonight she was particularly excited (she LOVES oatmeal and bananas) that she was completely covered by the end of the meal. I didn't even bother trying to wipe her off... we went right into the bath :)

So how messy are your kiddos? For those of you who do more than one meal a day, do you find you sometimes have to bathe them more than once a day? She has dry skin so I try to do baths every other day, but when her hair is caked with food sometimes I have no choice. I wish I had taken out the camera tonight. She was so cute and looked very pleased with herself.. she managed to get banana in her eye lashes!

2. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

EXTREMELY!!! MESSY!!!!

Put a bandana around their heads and it keeps the food out! :)

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

It is amazing how much of a mess two babies make! :wacko:

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HeyThere @ Oct 6 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]438761[/snapback]
    EXTREMELY!!! MESSY!!!!

Put a bandana around their heads and it keeps the food out! :)

Great idea!

My chicks are also VERY messy.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Very messy!! I am hoping it ends soon.

6. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

very messy! hey have a habit of puttingtheir fingers in their mouths (when its wet food like cereal or pureed pumpkin) and then rubbing it on their head, ears etc...... :D

7. LB

LB Well-Known Member

quite messy...My guys only get baths every other day as well and on those off bath days I just clean them up with a wet paper towel as best as I can and then use wipes for an extra clean up (kind of like a sponge bath with a few wipes)

8. ADC17

ADC17 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(LB @ Oct 7 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]439535[/snapback]
    quite messy...My guys only get baths every other day as well and on those off bath days I just clean them up with a wet paper towel as best as I can and then use wipes for an extra clean up (kind of like a sponge bath with a few wipes)

exactly the same here! What is with these guys and putting their hands in their mouths and then rubbing their eyes, hair, basically everywhere! they do make for great photo-ops though! :)

9. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Insanely messy!

Sean used to be such a clean boy, but James would wash his face in his food. Now Sean washes his face in food and James rubs it all over his entire head.

10. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Meal times are extremely messy!! When you take a look at everything after they are finished eating, the place looks like a bomb hit it!