How many training pants for each?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Beth*J, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Sorry about all the PT questions lately. The girls are just getting started with PT. Karina does fairly well (only one poop and one pee accident yesterday), but Annelise is still having lots of accidents. I'd put her back in diapers, but she wants to wear panties and I don't want to discourage her. I have two different sets of training pants due to the girls needing different sizes. At this point, I'm needing to do laundry every day to be sure we have enough training pants. I'm going to be going back to work full time starting on Friday (I'm a teacher) and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep up with the laundry. How many pairs of training pants do you have for each child (especially if they go to daycare full time)? Right now I have 9 pairs for Karina and 12 pairs for Annelise. I really hate to spend more money on them since I know they will eventually need less and since Karina will be outgrowing the 18 month ones, but I need to keep my sanity once school starts too.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You know, instead of washing and drying in the washer/dryer, you could just handwash them in the sink at night and hang them up on a line in the bathroom. It's only temporary until you get them both fully PT'd, and if you're only concerned about not having time to wash them, it only takes a few minutes to wash them by hand and hang them up, in the morning they would be dry.

3. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I would estimate I had around 15-18 pairs for each of them. I couldn't stand doing laundry so often, so I just invested in additional pairs.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have about 15 pairs for each child.

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have about 48 total. And it's nice-I don't have to do laundry that often for them!

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

its a little off topic... but that 3day potty training program that I'm following suggests NOT using the training pants b/c they are too absorbant and might feel to much like a diaper... she suggests underwear. anyway, I have been very pleased with pretty much everything she's said and ours have come a long way in 10 days... the last few nights they've woken up dry!!

as to how many underwear, I bet I have 15 pair each... and last week i was using every single boy pair on my son... washing every day or other day... the past 2 days they were still in the same "wear" when I left for work as when I came home!

good luck!!!

7. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Mine get plenty wet in training pants. It usually still runs down their legs when they have an accident. I'd hate to see how much more mess I'd have to clean up if I didn't use training pants!

I just ordered another 6 pairs for each. Now I think I can make it 2-3 days without doing laundry if I need to. I justified the cost by remembering that they can wear them as underwear for quite a while after they are trained too.

Thanks for the replies!

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Have you limited their liquid intake? I've found that's helped tremendously! I also did the 3 day method, and it says to pump them full of liquids so they learn to go to the bathroom-and so you can catch their accident midway. I didn't really pump them full of liquids, as I had a third child as well to deal with. But maybe that will help?