How many total hours of sleep

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by murtygirl, May 29, 2011.

1. murtygirl

murtygirl Well-Known Member

Just wanting to compare and see if I am on the right track. We are down to 2 naps a day. My DD sleep a total of 13-14 hrs per day and my DS sleeps about 15 hours per day (this includes nighttime and naps). What about yours??

2. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

That sounds perfect! My twins were sleeping about 14-15 hours a day and still are. They sleep about 11 hours at night and 2 1-2 hour naps during the day.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I wish my boys would have slept that much! I was lucky to get 12 hours total a day at that age - now some days it is only 11 hours a day at 17 months (10 hours at night, nap anywhere from 1-1.5 hours). Sounds like your kiddos are doing great. Each child is different - the most important thing is that they seem happy and not cranky, tired, etc.

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think that sounds about right! 2 naps at that age is pretty normal and I think as long as they're not cranky and tired during the day you're doing well :)

5. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

My 11 month olds (9ish adjusted) sleep about 15ish give or take an hour. 2 2-3 hour naps and 10hours or so at night. Night time depends on how busy we were during the day and how much of it was spent outside. could be 10 could be 12.

6. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Our kids have been sleeping 14-16 hours total since they went down to two naps I guess around 7ish months old. Even when they took two naps, they rarely ever slept more then an hour, and they sleep 12-13 hours at night. Now with one nap they are napping for about 2 hours and still sleeping 12-13 hours at night.

7. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds great to me too!

8. murtygirl

murtygirl Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies! It's nice to know what everyone elses babes are doing so I can compare mine :p

9. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

My girls are 10 months old....they sleep 13 hours at night, take 2, 2 hour naps a day and then usually take a quick 1 hour nap in the evening. They sleep A LOT!! But my other 2 kids did the same thing :)

10. Loranda

Loranda Member

Sounds like my (almost) ten month old girls are the same. They sleep about 12 hours at night, with 2 naps a day about an hour our two long. So about 14-16hours total. Nice to know see we're normal in the sleep department!

11. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

At 10.5 months my boys sleep about 12-13 hours at night (which they've been doing for months now) and they get 2 naps a day which probably average about 2 hours total. So 14-15 hours per day is typical for us.