How many times in one day can a 2 year old use the potty?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by AimeeThomp, Dec 22, 2009.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lily is pretty much day time potty trained, even for naps. I just started letting her go all day without a diaper last weekend, so it's new to her to go on the potty every time she has to go. Before last weekend I was only putting her on the potty when she asked, and the rest of the time she had a diaper on. She is on the potty about 25 times a day! Every time I turn around she's asking for help to get her panties off. During a meal she'll pee 3 times!

This is just b/c it's new, right? Surely she's not going to use the potty this frequently forever.

2. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

Every time they learn a new skill and are mastering it they want to do it over and over and over and over and........... Once the newness wears off things should get better.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Yep, probably just the new-ness. She should get over it within a couple of weeks. At least it's better than accidents. :woo: for :panties:

4. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

L&M were like that too. It almost got to the point of getting on my nerves, but they trained super quick and it was relatively painless.

WTG Lily!!! :Clap:

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two were like that too, the newness will wear off and she'll start going less frequently. But at least she is going on the potty, that's great. :good:

6. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Conner was like that, but Aiden never was. From the day Aiden trained, he's been a 'holder'. That child can hold it for a good 2-3 hours, even when he FIRST trained. He's a poster child for potty training. Conner, on the other hand, needs to go more frequently. At first, it was multiple times an hour. After a while, we started making him lengthen the time in between trips. Now he can go 1-2 hours, depending upon how much he's had to drink.

It got a bit annoying, but hang in there...she'll start to space it out a little. If she's still going that much after a few weeks, I'd start to try to hold her off a little. But, since she's just starting, I'd let her do it! WTG, Lily!

Side note, mine BOTH are not over the 'newness' of public restrooms. Much to my dismay, they always claim they have to pee whenever we go anywhere. Aiden can pee on demand, so he'll always go, but Conner will typically shake & push & nothing will happen. Then I KNOW it's just so they could see the nasty public bathroom. I PRAY they outgrow this stage soon (see, if it's not one stage, it's another!)

7. juliereynolds42

juliereynolds42 Well-Known Member

My girls were like that when we first started potty training too. The wost was in public places like the grocery store or resturants. Every 5 minutes or so one or the other would tell me she had to potty, so every trip out took much much longer than it needed to. We finally just stopped taking them anywhere until the newness wore off and there weren't so many requests to go.

Don't worry. Before you know it you will forget that your kids ever wore diapers.