How many ounces of formula does your baby eat?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by idtwinstx, Jul 7, 2008.

1. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

Anyone from 8-10 months? How much formula are you eating per day?????

2. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idtwinstx @ Jul 7 2008, 09:38 AM) [snapback]863453[/snapback]
    Anyone from 8-10 months? How much formula are you eating per day?????

Makenna drinks 40-45 oz / day - two 8 oz and three 6 oz bottles. Nathan drinks 45-50 oz / day - two 10 oz bottles and three 8 oz bottles on average. Some days they may get an extra bottle if they stay up later than normal. They also get solids for lunch and dinner. Makenna was 19.5 lbs and Nathan was 23.75 lbs at their 9 mo. appt on 6/27.

3. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

Natalie eats around 30 ounces a day. I make her 5 six ounce bottles every morning. Nathan is breastfed and eats 8-10 times per day.

4. DianaG

DianaG Member

Cate and Caleb go through a regular sized can of formula during waking hours (we keep their nighttime can upstairs) every day and a half.

5. cduray

cduray Active Member

[Mine get between 25-35 ozs a day. Grace would rather have more solids than bottle but her brother wants his four 8.5 oz bottles plus his 3 solid meals a day. Our peditrician said that as long as they are getting at least 24 ozs a day all is well.

6. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

DS drinks 32-38 4 8oz+ bottles and dd drinks 24-30 4 6 oz bottles and sometimes a bottle at night

7. Jhstobe@earthlink.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Mine have always eaten less then everyone else. Ped said because they are on neosure (higher calorie)and we put rice cereal into their bottles for reflux. DD drinks about 22-24ozs a day and DS drinks between 24-26ozs a day.

8. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We do four bottles a day, DS drinks about 7-7.5 ounces per bottle, DD is lucky if she finishes 6. We are also doing 3 good size solids meals a day as well. Our pedi said they should have 20-28 ounces of formula per day at this point.

9. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Mine take 30-32 oz per day 32 is the MAXIMUM that they should be taking at this age I have learned. Ped said at our appt last Thursday that mine are taking the absolute most that they can and to "really work towards decreasing that".

I think they're taking A TON of formula for their age and wish they'd take more solids but they are just not as into solids as their baba's!! I'm working towards it tho cuz she said "At 12 months, bottles are GONE so get ready!!"

She said that between 20-32 oz is good for this age.

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yikes! My boys get 3 bottles a day-8 oz/each...totalling 24oz/day-which is the minimum they should be getting. They will be 9 months old next Friday. They were getting 4 bottles/day, but once I added in the third meal, the times all got mixed up. One day, while out and about, they didn't fuss or anything for that bottle-so we haven't had it since. They get a bottle first thing in the morning, then solids, then lunch, bottle, dinner, bottle. And they are probably both close to 20lbs. We go in August for their 9mth appt!

11. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

My girls get between 24 and 30 oz per day divided into 4 bottles. We have been doing two solid meals a day and just added in some solids in the morning today. We go for their 9 mo appt on Friday and I expect them to be about 20 and 22 pounds.